Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battleship grey  (Read 2565 times)

terry1956

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Battleship grey
« on: June 07, 2017, 06:11:19 pm »

Hi chaps.whats the best spray paint for ww2 British battleship grey. I have a sir kay that needs a new top coat.I am going to try for a weathered look.michael

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Battleship grey
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:06:25 pm »

Hi Terry, welcome to the forum. Grey primer is popular and also doubles as the primer as well as top coat. Beyond that Humbrol do cans of colours more specific though that can be a labyrinthine question to answer especially as you are looking to weather your model.

Are you a member of the Yeovil club or Yeovil Model warship Association? I belong to the latter if you want to pop down one Sunday morning and have a chat about this and other boatish things.
Pond weed is your enemy

Allnightin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:56:06 pm »

Assuming you are looking for the light grey option, the Tamiya AS 16 USAF light grey is quite close.  The darker grey sometimes known as Home Fleet grey is trickier as there isn't a spraycan version I can suggest but Humbrol 145 is a reasonably close match for brushing

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 08:07:32 am »

I've just bought some of this stuff for my latest project the range is quite good and the paint seems to go on pretty good.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121774359100?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=420924538835&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

terry1956

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:52:02 pm »

Thanks chaps

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 11:44:47 pm »

FYI the colour shown was the Royal Navy's deck colour for many years after the war. The only force known to have used it in WW2 was, strangely enough, the RAF as the superstructure colour of its rescue launches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.