Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > BRUSHLESS Motors and Speed Controllers

Brushless motors

(1/6) > >>

roycv:
Hi all, I have a brushless motor in a small gearbox and an ESC.  I bought these things from Hong Kong with a view to   trying something new.
The supplier said that the ESC will run in reverse as well,  but I need a programme card.  He also said that I could buy a programme card from my local model shop.  My visit on Monday did not encourage me as I am not sure he knew what my ESC was.
I looked at the details of the programme card on the store web site, which did not indicate any set up conditions for running reverse.  I know that the items I bought are for flight use but it said ESC will run forwards or reverse.
has anyone any experience in this field please?
Item is on ebay, look for Compass Store, and search on program card.
All help appreciated,
Roy

Andy:
When they say forward or/and reverse (on most cheap esc's ) it's motor direction they are talking about.
Swop any 2 wires from the motor/esc and the motor will rotate in the required direction .
Most flight esc's will not reverse with the TX stick.

Andy

Bridkid:
Yep, as Andy says it's the motors that run in reverse not the ESC's. I have 3 ESC's and 3 different programme cards and none of them have a 'reverse' direction optoion.
Cheers,
Ian.
 8)

kendalboatsman:
Just looking at the Mtroniks brushless combo and they quote forward and reverse for theirs. I would be very surprised if an electric flight had reverse capabilities though. They tend to make those as simple and light as possible.

Which model of ESC did you purchase from that store?

Clive

HS93 (RIP):
Some M Tronic have reverse and these defiantly do

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/barracuda-80.html

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version