Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old men are stupid!  (Read 1964 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Old men are stupid!
« on: June 14, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »

This afternoon, our pup shot out the back door barking frantically. I get off the sofa to see if the goats in the field over the fence. Nope, ambling down the path toward me was shall we say a person of east european looks. He saw me and sprinted around the corner of an outbuilding we have, I give chase and get around the corner only to be hit in the ribs by a rock thrown by his accomplice on the other side of the fence. I have never seen anyone jump over a 6ft wire fence so easily in my life!

Anyway called the Guardia Civil who sent a car to investigate, but the thieves had long gone across the fields to god knows where. They were nice enough to write up a denuncia- that is a report of the incident.

This is why men of an older age (60 in my case) should not chase blokes half their age. I went from stepping out the door to fulls sprint mode in two steps. Of course calf muscles being sat down watching tv don't like that, I am now laid up with ice packs on both calfs trying to stop the pain of severe strains, and a set of bruised ribs! Of course with adrenalin going you don't feel it at the time!

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Old men are stupid!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:28:21 pm »

need to get yourself a rottweiler or a pit bull thieving gits usually take one look at a big dog like that and run a mile, 2 years ago I was woken up by my dog ( a 6st Lurcher who's 1/4 Alsatian ) barking his chops off ( he sleeps in the kitchen beneath my bedroom ) quickly got up and looked out my window to see one thief trying to jump my back fence.... failing badly and falling badly head first onto the concrete leaving him with a very badly cut head ( the local cops quickly picked him up the following day after alerting the local doctors lol )

Thing is my hound was only barking because the guy had tried the door , had he got in he'd have been licked to death......
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 05:59:15 pm »

I've never heard our pup bark so ferociously as she did. Usually anyone who comes up the drive would get licked to death as well, I'm just glad she knew that they shouldn't be climbing over the fence.

The locals down in the village said I have to get a shotgun. By all accounts the police here are just not bothered if somebody gets shot on your property- they shouldn't be there in the first place!

Brings to mind about 5 years ago in a village up the road, similar event except they got in the house, one dead the other got away, the police arrested him at the local hospital having pellets removed from his legs, when he complained they offered to take him back and finish the job for the homeowner! He soon cooperated after that.

The thing is burglaries and robberies here are virtually never done by the Spanish, its always, Morroccans or East Europeans.

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 06:47:39 pm »

a little tip if you do go down the 12 bore route , get standard N7 or N8 bird shot , open them up and gently pull the plastic wad and empty out the pellets , refill with a mix of rice and rock salt reseal the top ( its ok to use a bit of thin sticky tape ).

That was a tip I got from a farmer ( something the local firearms plod here in the NE told him to do so no court could convict him of murder ) as the rice will go into the skin but the salt will as well and just try to imagine getting a backside full of that.... it would be worse than lead pellets as the salt would make it sting like hell for days !!
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 06:50:49 pm »

Fill em with 00 buckshot. Make sure!
Jerry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.