Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: its my Vanessa.. the little fishing boat..  (Read 3777 times)

Krishna

• aqua plannerrrr....................
  • Full Mayhemer
its my Vanessa.. the little fishing boat..
« on: June 13, 2015, 07:22:14 am »

yes sure.. inspired by a photograph.. and on my Lake Cat hull.. siplest one.. powered by a brushed motor, at 500 ma, for long running.. with all lights..
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
Re: its my Vanessa.. the little fishing boat..
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 07:24:48 am »

follows..
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:25:37 am »

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 09:14:44 am »

Goes well, geared drive too , some cutting out on the motor as it was sailing early on , that a radio problem ? Settled down toward the end of the video . . .
Bill

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 09:56:50 am »

yes, Im.. it was.. i used a motor and gear set from the actuator of center lock mechanism.. and forgot to add non polar capacitor once.. and was a trouble at high throttle levels.. it was a rush, to shoot the video, in between the gap of rain.. here i am enjoying monsoon.. great time for model making.. no sweat.. song and coffee.. cut, glue..  just rectified after adding needed capacitor.. loves her.. little one.. but beautiful.. thank you..

escipion

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 07:15:45 pm »

Really a nice job,  :-)) , good choice of colors, deck and cabin details, congratulations

One question,the material you use is styrene, expanded PVC or some other???

Best regards

escipion

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 07:20:24 pm »

Another question, what material or adhesive did you use to seal the hull??

Best regards

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 07:44:28 am »

thank you escipion...
the material here known as styroflex, yes based on PVC.. is inner core like sponge, and two sides laminated with smooth plastic sheets.. can buy in various density, and high density used to make kitchen cabinets.. the low density is so great that can work so easily, can sand, shape.. bend.. so easily.. and when formed, gives us a great strong shell.. and for additional strength, we can mix french chalk powder to water based wall emulsion paint, then pour inside, and spread all around.. when dries it turns in to a shell like rock.. just using NC PS Grey, in diluted manner to seal all gaps.. pour inside and allow to run all around.. blow it well.. then easy.. we can use industrial super glue for making shells..

escipion

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 04:59:53 pm »

Thank you very much Krishna. I'm trying not to use too much wood on my boats so your explanation gives me some good ideas for the next one. I know the materials (here in Mexico have another name), but never saw a boat built with them, congratulations.

Best regards

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 07:56:42 pm »

She's a gorgeous little boat Krishna. Are you going to put a net on her and a few salty old fishermen to crew her?!!

You have been so industrious. I did wonder the other day if it was your cooler season which would make doing stuff easier.
Pond weed is your enemy

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 04:00:20 am »

welcome Escipion.. i also have ample supply of balsa and other soft wood around me.. but nowadays i never use it on my boats, but only for aero modeling to reduce weight.. while working with foam board, we need only very few finishing materials.. easy to work with.. lasts for a life time.. never attacked by borers and termites.. no dust issues.. easy to clean.. easy to rework.. and very inexpensive.. can make any shape.. and any size.. and so weightless.. have some great, enjoyable builds...

Ballast.. sure.. i am in work to detail her.. collected some dried seeds from fan tree here, serves as floats, with orange paint, net, and some crews.. already fixed one crew inside the cabin.. need two more.. amd making new with same hull.. and lined up in my dock yard.. along with my lobster boats.. still working on lots.. its rain here.. great time for modeling.. yes, loves to make models when raining.. soo nice.. some hot coffee.. and cutlets.. then on.. and on.. and on.. have great modeling..

escipion

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 04:20:53 pm »

Hello Krishna!!!
You are right about that material, thatīs why I'm trying to use it the more I can.
Here in Mexico people use to throw away furniture, boxes and a lot of things of wood, I utilize that kind of wood to do my boats, trying not to spend much money with them, then I began to make the boats with styrene and PVC, but the first one gave a lot of problems because I didn't know the working characteristics of the material, so decided to make something no so difficult, like the bobby's police launch I'm making.
I try not to utilize balsa in the boats, it is too soft and need a lot of care when you're working with, I use it with my airplanes, but by now I'm in stand by with that hobby

Best regards

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »

its happy to hear.. i also try to make a Police launch.. here also collects packing wood, but stays away because of heavy labor and material.. so sticking with foam board.. and expanded polystyrene.. have great builds once again..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.