Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from Wellington NZ  (Read 1274 times)

bruedney

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hi from Wellington NZ
« on: June 15, 2015, 10:52:29 pm »

Hi there

I am a relative new comer to model engineering. I got my lathe and drill press in about November last year. I have become a member of the Hutt Valley Model Engineers Society and also a number of forums similar to this one (Mainly use Model Engineer mag and this one though). My interests are currently Stationary Steam and Traction Engines. I have always had an interest in Model boats but at this stage I am just going to stick with engines.

I am an Electrician by trade but have been a Salvation Army Officer for the past 19 years. My father was a Fitter and Turner but unfortunately passed away when I was 11 so wasn't able to pass on much of his knowledge but I think I inherited his knack for turning (excuse the pun) my hand to most things.

I have built 2 engines so far.
A MrPete222 Wobbler and a Stewart Hart Horizontal Mill Engine (you can see them HERE)

I am now embarking on a project to build one of Julius De Waal's experimental engines (Engine # 4).

I have also just acquired an unfinished (and quite old) Stuart D10 Engine which I have stripped and am starting to finish and restore.

Thanks for reading

Bruce

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
Re: Hi from Wellington NZ
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:58:18 am »

Welcome Bruce.  I guess you have already found the Steam and Steam R&D sections here so you have seen the other engine builds there.  Do post some pictures of your own engine projects so we can all look and learn - and offer advice and encouragement when needed  :-))

Greg

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Hi from Wellington NZ
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:02:09 am »

Yes, Welcome to the Mayhem Bruce!

Get your feet under the table and lets talk steam engine!   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.