Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paint  (Read 2639 times)

newbe7

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Paint
« on: June 16, 2015, 01:50:36 pm »

I'm looking for paint and primer ( preferably not an enamel ) to use on my Yorkshireman tug the government regs. on paints coming into Canada have stopped some manufacturers from shipping here what are some of the paints use by members of Mayhem .
I looked at the Humbrol  page and they have 50 ml cans is there a distributer in Canada or a paint equal to in here.
  Rick

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Re: Paint
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:22:32 pm »

Nobody else has bothered so....humbrol is enamel, unless you can find some of their latest acrylic range. Most people opt for car paint in rattle cans to paint their ships. You can get white, grey or red oxide primer, topcoat in whatever colour you like, then maybe a clearcoat on top of that.

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 07:55:14 pm »

Concur with Bryan56. I am not the worlds greatest painter but find the car paints reliable and at least the undercoats/topcoats are compatible. for smaller detail I use Acrylic, Revell or Tamiya are my preferences but obviously supply in your country may be a limiting factor. Also look at Citadel, the Warhammer Gaming people.

John

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:45:50 pm »

There are plenty of rattle cans available in Canada that will be suitable for the home painter to use...all I did was google availability inn Canada....any of your decent car shops will stock them

Dave

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 11:02:57 pm »

HI Mate

When you paint the superstructure, use something like Appliance white, used on fridges etc, its a brighter white than car whites. Satin black and red primer for the lower hull, all in acrilic

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

CyberBOB

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 12:53:18 am »

For spray paint, I like Krylon.  It is self priming, sticks to plastic, a good range of colours, and is readily available.  They sell it at Home Hardware, Canadian Tire, etc.

You can get spray cans of automotive paints at Canadian Tire, Lordco, etc.  Thousands of colours, some places will even load the spray cans, which will give you an almost unlimited range of colours.

Hobby stores still sell small bottles of paint, Humbrol, Tamiya, Testors, etc.

newbe7

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 11:49:12 am »

Thank you all for the input 
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.