Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P550 Flyvefisken restoration  (Read 1879 times)

danh

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
P550 Flyvefisken restoration
« on: June 13, 2015, 09:22:07 pm »

Today I acquired my first restoration. It's a p550 Flyvefisken which I believe is a billing boat kit?

Doesn't need too much work to be fair. A new lick of paint and fix a few bits that have come unglued over time. Most of the repairs are to the deck fittings and superstructure.

I might also add a servo under the front gun turret and add some lighting to the superstructure.

Some advice on the electrics would be great as well as it's the first time I've done anything with more than a single screw and this has 3.

I'm unsure weather to run it off two esc and have the two outer motors and constant use and keep the middle one for recovery and rescue purposes if anything goes wrong

Or just run it on a single esc.  Can this be done without making it floating bomb?

7.2v 6 cell nimh packs adequate for running the vessel ?

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: P550 Flyvefisken restoration
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 11:44:28 pm »

Dan....it is correct that her 76mm Otto Malara pop gun can elevate to 85 degrees, but have only ever seen this when a mount was changed out from an HMA frigate

The 85 degrees is actually a design facility to allow the transportation of the whole mount [without the lower rotating magazine] on a roar trailer in the near horizontal axis

Essentially an unmanned gun, [do not remember her maximum operational elevation].......but the rate of fire is very impressive and  <*< LOUD

The mounts arc of train on this class of vessel would have been greater than 200 degrees inclusive, and at sea [with the Jackstaff lowered  %)] would have unlimited pointing zones within this arc

Search the Wikki people ....many images of these mounts ...plenty of alternate elevations shown.....zero to fifteen degrees looks most impressive..

An ACTion P96 servo morph :-)) would facilitate and control the gun mounts train position end points and also speed of train............. Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.