Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for information regarding FLY SKY FS-GT2  (Read 6687 times)

SGTJohn

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Request for information regarding FLY SKY FS-GT2
« on: June 17, 2015, 02:14:37 pm »

good afternoon. I am looking for information regarding this particular radio control. I am trying to set up this RC with an ESC unit - Skywing SW60a. The unit started to run momentarily, then halted.  I've tried a few times to set this up correctly, but still no luck. Any information about this issue would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Guys

SGT John

SteveB66

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats are chillin!!
Re: Request for information regarding FLY SKY FS-GT2
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 06:35:17 pm »

I've got the earlier version of that radio and I had no problem setting up 2 different speed controllers with it. Have you followed the speed control instructions? Are all the trims centered? Are you using the right channel on the receiver? These normally come bound together, the handset and receiver so it shouldn't be that.

SGTJohn

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 10:08:53 pm »

I bought RC used, so it did not come with any instructions, hence the issues. I can get it to run 2 servo units, but it will not drive my skywing esc. If you could provide me with any level of instruction, it would be greatly appreciated.The ECS which i am using is a three wire brushless unit. Thank you in advance

SGTJohn

The Wizard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:54 am »

You can download a manual off the web.
google flysky FS-GT2

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 06:36:12 am »

I bought RC used, so it did not come with any instructions, hence the issues. I can get it to run 2 servo units, but it will not drive my skywing esc. If you could provide me with any level of instruction, it would be greatly appreciated.The ECS which i am using is a three wire brushless unit. Thank you in advance

SGTJohn

If the ESC is forward only, then the throttle will almost certainly have to be set at the minimum when you switch on. It will not work if the throttle stick is centred.

Barrie

SGTJohn

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:06:28 am »

hi thanks for replies  but downloaded basic manual this did not help; ran a 2wire esc ok but 3wire brushless sky wing sw 60a esc came without instructions and can  not find any info on net   the sw6o esc ran very slow  tryed to ajust  and did not run again. what Iam trying to do is run 2 esc brushless unit  3 wire and rudder of this pistol grip unit       

SteveB66

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats are chillin!!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 05:28:13 pm »

It doesn't matter whether the esc is brushless or not, the 3 wires are for the motor. It sounds like a dodgy esc, have you looked on youtube to see if there is a video about the esc.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 06:09:24 pm »

What motors are you trying to control?

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

SGTJohn

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 06:27:16 pm »

the motors are B24-45 3200kv 3wire brushless

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 07:01:13 pm »

I am unfamiliar with this Tx. Is the throttle control spring loaded to a centre off? Assuming the ESC is forwards only, this is important. Do you get any beeps from the ESC/motor?

Just Googled Skywing SW 60 a. Its Chinese (surprise) and forwards only. There are some comments in other Forums about problems setting it up, but my guess is its the TX throttle position causing the problems.

Barrie

SGTJohn

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 08:54:30 pm »

Hi there. I really appreciate all the help guys. This Forum is fantastic. All the instructions that i have come across appear to be for a stick controller, and not a pistol grip controller. I can't get the bleeps right. I set up the circuit before, and i managed to get the motors running. The problem was, the motor was only turning when the throttle trigger was in the centre position, vs being either fully up or fully down. There was no level of of controller either. The motor either ran at full power when the trigger was as its centered position, and would immediately stop when moved from this position. As a newbie, this is very much testing my patience, but i am firmly committed to getting my project completed. So, failing the current ESC, which one would you guys recommend? Lets keep it cheap huh :D

Again, thank you very much for all the help. Its truly appreciated.

SGTJohn

Tugtower

• Full Mayhemer
  • Owner of The RCMB Forum
    • RCMB Forum
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 11:33:48 pm »

Has anyone suggested looking for the ESC's instructions how to reset the neutral position?
Sounds like the ESC is not setup correctly for neutral, (at least not setup center trigger/stick) many ESc's need program cards, or a set of commands from the transmitter to re-program them back to neutral.

some esc's require full stick forward and hold.. as you plug in the battery to enter program mode, if you know the program instructions you should be able to reset the neutral position.

Also i might suggest trying to -re-bind the TX to the RX just to be sure its all working correctly.

Tugtower

• Full Mayhemer
  • Owner of The RCMB Forum
    • RCMB Forum
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 11:46:46 pm »

here ya go, instruction how to re-program your esc, you'll have to download the pdf file i can't upload it here  {:-{

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumbgallery.php?t=1647161&do=threadgallery&type=files&group=none&starter=no

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.