Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car insurance again!!  (Read 1250 times)

davidm1945

• Full Mayhemer
Car insurance again!!
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:31:27 pm »

Well, I read the Daily Wail article on car insurance renewal rip-offs and as my insurance is due within a couple of days I phoned the company this morning.
      I queried the amount that they wanted to charge me and after a few moments they knocked £87 off the bill.

The moral of this tale - if they can screw you, they will. Don't let 'em....

Dave.

PS. I realise that I could probably have got even cheaper elsewhere but they have always been helpful in the past. Yeah, I know, loyalty is expensive!
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do. Robert A Heinlein.

FsASTSyd1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Car insurance again!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 07:21:04 am »

Always a good scheme to shop around, my premium went up considerably when I changed vehicles, so this year I decided to check the comparison sites and a couple of those who advertise on TV, Saved over £300 %% . Often wondered if anybody uses, or how they are still in business, those at the pricer end of the listings. One I checked for my vehicle and me of course, ranged from just over £300 to £2000 !!!

Syd J

tr7v8

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 01:55:58 pm »

If you have the meerkats set up takes 5 minutes, I do it for everything like this. I have AA Membership & BRC renewal in at the moment, they want something insane like £490, last year after a short & bloody battle I paid £310, this year I WILL be paying roughly the same. The call will be tomorrow.
Jim

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 03:53:28 pm »

I was also told recently, find the price online, then ring direct and speak to someone, as they are usually on commission,
 they might offer you an even better deal.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.