Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leicester venue 20th September  (Read 7186 times)

Todd

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Leicester venue 20th September
« on: August 30, 2015, 03:07:44 pm »

Is there any possibility that me and my dad could run our boats during the lunch break? Would there be any rules? We just need to test the boats as unfortunately we have no where to run them without entering a race, as the boats are new and need testing/setting up correctly we don't see the point in entering a race as it will be a waste of time and most likely get in the way of others, we both are members of the bmprs, we just need a lake to finally get them wet and we won't mind paying the race day fee to get them in the water, at the moment they are very expensive but good looking ornaments.
Thanks

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: Leicester venue 20th September
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 04:48:01 pm »

Come on you boys from Brigg O0
These guys need your help.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

robw

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 05:44:22 pm »

great idea todd, plenty of members to help 2 novices with petrol engines, what a better way to introduce yourselves than to run 2 boats and get them set up, im sure the bmprs will help, if not that particular race day( might be too busy) another time maybe

black magic racing

• Full Mayhemer
  • when winning is all . it stops being a hobby
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 08:56:30 pm »

since you are members and will be there on the day.i dont think that therewill be a problem..BUT..its not down for me to say..but im sure if you ask nicely  ok2 ok2  they are a good lot and do help,,,
all the best
kurt
BMRacing
FAST is never FAST enough
Black Magic Racing with BMPRS    Telford Model Boat Club
Birkenhead Model Power Boat club Vice Commodore

Todd

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 08:15:29 pm »

Cheers, no definate answers yet, not long until the day will be down to watch either way

robw

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 03:24:56 pm »

don't forget to remove all the dust or it will sink :-))

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 07:03:38 pm »

Is there any possibility that me and my dad could run our boats during the lunch break? Would there be any rules? We just need to test the boats as unfortunately we have no where to run them without entering a race, as the boats are new and need testing/setting up correctly we don't see the point in entering a race as it will be a waste of time and most likely get in the way of others, we both are members of the bmprs, we just need a lake to finally get them wet and we won't mind paying the race day fee to get them in the water, at the moment they are very expensive but good looking ornaments.
Thanks

Hi Todd

Firstly I am sorry for not replying sooner.
As paid up members, you will certainly be welcome to join us and run your boats even if only during the lunch break. Racers often use this time slot to do a bit of brief testing prior to the afternoon heats. However please bear in mind that the time slot for lunch breaks can be very short say 30 minutes or so, subject to how busy the day is and whether or not it gets off to an early start with a bit of time to play with (or not!).

You did ask about rules Todd: Rules for race boat specifications (including safety and environmental considerations) are listed on our website http://www.bmprs.co.uk/

For my part Todd, I hope to see you and your dad with us on the day either way, and let's get on board  :-)) :-))

Cheers
Craig
Forget all insults, always remember compliments.

Todd

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 08:07:45 pm »

Thanks Craig, looks like I will be coming down with the boats then, I've not got my number on the boat as yet would this be a problem ? Cheers

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 03:55:13 pm »

Hi all firstly sorry for my lack of attendance on here lately but those who know me know i have had a fair share of problems over the past few months !

Anyway todd as OOD for the leicester meeting i dont have a problem with you running / testing your boats in the lunch break or even for a short time after the meeting please make sure you have your membership card with you just incase you never know who may ask for it !

can i ask what area you live ? i may be able to suggest places to test and run your boats

mark

BMPRS  Health and Safety Co-Ordinator

Todd

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »

No problem, sounds good, does my boat have to be numbered ? I live in Leicester, king Lear is 10 mins down the road for me.

robw

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 05:16:55 pm »

a big thank you to all who helped today, great bunch and great advice :-)) something we wouldn't of known, although it didn't go to plan a lot was learnt, even though I didn't bring my boat to the lake, the advice given means several modifications I will be doing over the next few months, different radio box, exhaust and hatch, these items will be coming from the U.S.A so I wont expect them anytime soon but will definitely be worth the wait :-))

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 10:13:58 pm »

Hi Rob and Todd

It was a pleasure to meet both of you on Sunday, though with the race activities on the day it limited time available to have a proper chat. I am really pleased that you both found our lot helpful one way or the other. As to the boat modifications that you mentioned, it was kind of ironic that I highlighted the importance of a water proof radio box before witnessing one that let water in side after a flip over. :((

If you seek to buy a replacement radio box, I do suggest  seeking feed back from people who have had success with such boxes, as quality seems to vary a lot.

Personally I tend not to use ready made radio boxes. I would sooner build my own into the hull bespoke to fit the available space, and with a hatch that is firmly bolted down on sealed pore rubber foam.

It is much a matter of personal preference though.... ok2

Craig :-))
Forget all insults, always remember compliments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.