Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boating lake on Southampton Common  (Read 4015 times)

Just Add Water

Boating lake on Southampton Common
« on: June 27, 2015, 01:19:56 pm »

Hi All.
I have contacted The Southampton Council about the large boating lake on Southampton Common, with no reply :-(
So I have now got in touch with the Parliamentary Candidate for Southampton and asked for an interview to see what can be done.

I feel very strongly! that this is very doable here, and I will keep you all updated as to my progress in this.

I have visited the lake this week evenings to chat with the people walking around this lake and asked, some people if they would like to see it refurbished to be THE Lake it once was, and they seem interested to see it up and running again.
So we will see what happens soon.

Would you like to see this lake used ????

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Southampton+Common/@50.9272913,-1.4082094,408m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x487476abbf4de349:0xb5b122258a09076!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Bernie.

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
Re: Boating lake on Southampton Common
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 01:50:59 pm »

Be nice to see the lake refurbed, only reason i have not used the lake is lack of parking close to the lake.

big models and walking far dont always mix.

Perfect alternative to setley pond and we need more usable lakes on the south coast, gets my vote  :-))
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 03:11:52 pm »

A nice lake by the look of it; so, if it's so "doable," why don't you organise a group of like minded individuals and do it yourselves - at your expense of course. Simple really.

LB

Just Add Water

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 07:00:44 pm »

A nice lake by the look of it; so, if it's so "doable," why don't you organise a group of like minded individuals and do it yourselves - at your expense of course. Simple really.

LB

It is easy really, all I need is help ! I am on my own here.

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 03:35:50 pm »

Last time I saw the pond it had half a tree and other flotsam in it, I was there with Shipmate 60. Though the biggest problem we saw was getting parked near it and getting your boats to it. Eastliegh lakes have a similar problem in distance but a bigger and better lake apart from the anglers.

Just Add Water

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 04:16:24 pm »

Last time I saw the pond it had half a tree and other flotsam in it, I was there with Shipmate 60. Though the biggest problem we saw was getting parked near it and getting your boats to it. Eastliegh lakes have a similar problem in distance but a bigger and better lake apart from the anglers.

Getting to the lake may be easy, if I can convince the council to give club members a gate key, like we have in the New Forest.
The history so far is the lake was cleared out last year and there where plans to run a pipeline from the Avenue to collect rain water off the road but they where dropped because the Cyclists  complained it would narrow the underpass with the pipework.

Here are some other plans --
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/10474009.___Give_us_a_splash_park_at_former_boating_lake_site____/?ref=rss
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.