Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings Smit Rotterdam help please (parts missing)  (Read 2260 times)

andymart

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Billings Smit Rotterdam help please (parts missing)
« on: June 29, 2015, 04:36:30 pm »

Hi

I have been given a part finished Billings Smit Rotterdam, lucky me! However it is really old version of this kit and has not been well built so far and has various things missing. Such as Rudders, and Kort nozzles and the propshaft steadies. In regards to the rudders it is not clear from the plan if these are supplied or they have to be built from wood etc.

That said though if I needed to get the Kort nozzles etc could I buy them, if so where from?

Lastly the plan does not seem to be clear on how to attach the Kort nozzles to keel, are they simply glued, which would seem very weak or is there another way?

This is going to be a long term project as only recently started on boats, however have been building aircraft for many years. So might be able to build a silk purse out of a pigs ear if I am lucky :-)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
Re: Billings Smit Rotterdam help please (parts missing)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 04:55:55 pm »

http://www.billingboats.com/instructions/BB478%20Smit%20Rotterdam_Instruction.pdf

It looks like the rudders has to be build of wood, as there are only rudder stock in the fittingslist, cant see any kortnozzels.
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 06:54:26 pm »

Hi
kortnozzels are fixed to the hull in 2 places side and top. you can drill through from the top and add a small screw for strength . Rudders are made of wood on to a brass stock . I would use brass sheet and plastic card card in stead of wood .
very very old kit you had to get the fittings separately new kits now have it included. prop shafts were part of the fitting kit  . kort nozzels and propshaft supports were part of the kit .
To get spares try the importer ,it used to be amarang not sure if it is still them

john

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:39:14 pm »

Hi, 60mm korts and two Becker rudders, Nemesis

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 09:08:27 pm »

My apologies, I was quoting parts for the Smit Nederland,Nemesis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.