Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ESC help  (Read 2727 times)

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
ESC help
« on: June 30, 2015, 06:58:23 am »

Hi all, yesterday my receiver arrived :}  unfortunately it has no instructions whatsoever  {:-{  it's the first time I am using an ESC with reverse :o  as before I only ever needed forward for flying aircraft (although I could have done with reverse on a couple of occasions but that's a different story)

It looks like this

And has this attached (on off switch?)

It also has a little press button marked 'set'

I have absolutely no idea how to set it up for forward and reverse. I don't know where to start with the throttle stick or when or if to move it to max, neutral or min (reverse).
Any help or information would be very much appreciated. Thanks.   U2
It'll look better when it's finished!

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: ESC help
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:04:50 am »

Ex-factory, I would expect it to have the neutral in the center stick position.  Moving the stick one way will cause the motor to turn one way, pulling it back will cause it to turn the other way.  That is the norm for boats.  It might come set for a truck, and have a brake function set, in which case getting reverse might involve going through pulling the stick back, releasing it and pulling back again.  Or reprogramming it using the "set" button.
It might be an idea to look in the "brushless motor" section, and if you don't find anything useful, ask about your ESC, seeing as it is a brushless type. 
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 08:18:53 am »

Have you tried googling your ESC?  Type the ESC model number with "setup instructions" and see what you get  You never know...!

Other than that, all I can suggest is trial and error.  Try connecting it up, press the setup button, then push your throttle all the way forward then all the way back.  Return to neutral.  There may be some beeps before, during or after this process.  If it doesn't work first time, try again.  Sorry, that's the best I can offer.  Google is probably more reliable  O0

Greg

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 09:36:36 am »

FleaBay buy?
Item No?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 10:44:30 am »

Wow guys thanks to all of you for the quick and helpful replies. Bluebird got the exact item link.

I'll try and Google for some instructions or trial and error as suggested. Thanks for the info about the brake setting that would have been too confusing for my head. I'll let you know once it's sorted.   U2

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:56:00 am »

What Make is it and what markings numbers etc on the actual esc there is something on it from the pics but they are to small to make out

Dave

inertia

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 11:47:49 am »

The E-Bay blurb mentions on-line firmware updates and a programming card. It might be an idea to message the seller and ask about these at the same time as you query why there were no instructions with it. The faint whiff of adverse feedback should make them jump.
BTW I just LURVED the acceleration rate described as "very fresh violence"! How quaint..............
DM

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 09:22:35 pm »

Fresh violence, ha ha yes my schooner will skip the waves like a powerboat  {-)

Mmm I shall be setting everything nice and slow ok2  now that I have found the instructions online. :-))  Thanks for reminding me to search online Sailor Greg, in my haste I just forgot :embarrassed:

Reading through the instructions it seems these little electric boxes can do all sorts these days. I look forward to getting it set and getting my boat back in the water for a second test, yes a second %)  it may not be finished but that's no excuse (see Lena my first boat build for latest photos)

Thanks for sharing your experience and ideas guys....... U2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.