Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos from Facebook  (Read 119085 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Photos from Facebook
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2021, 07:59:08 pm »

Giant Scale Model Boats - Joachim Blanck 

Icebreaker OTSO
Scale 1:50
Length nearly 2 Meters
Weight about 80 kg

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

JoJoElbe

• kind of lifeboat nerd .... just kind of ...
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
    • modellwerft.spuelsaum.de (german + engl summarys)
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2022, 11:40:09 am »

Cool idea and make, but bad theme, I think.
I don't know how the market for that one will be in GB. Probably there are more honks in germany who'll love that ....
But it's incredible what one can dio with a 'bit' of resine.
Best, Joerg

Actual: Tyne class + boathouse + slipway
My models:  1:20 Motorlifeboat LÜBECK II (DGzRS), 1:20 Motorlifeboat WILMA SIKORSKI (DGzRS 9,5m), 1:10 Beachlifeboat GESINA (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Beachlifeboat MAX CARSTENSEN (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Lifeboat Ponton + more

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2022, 02:40:11 pm »

I thought exactly the same .....  {:-{

JoJoElbe

• kind of lifeboat nerd .... just kind of ...
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
    • modellwerft.spuelsaum.de (german + engl summarys)
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2022, 02:54:50 pm »

:-))
Actual: Tyne class + boathouse + slipway
My models:  1:20 Motorlifeboat LÜBECK II (DGzRS), 1:20 Motorlifeboat WILMA SIKORSKI (DGzRS 9,5m), 1:10 Beachlifeboat GESINA (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Beachlifeboat MAX CARSTENSEN (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Lifeboat Ponton + more

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Adam

• Full Mayhemer

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2022, 05:16:09 pm »

There is complicated ..... and there is COMPLICATED!

Maersk OSV Modelling - https://www.facebook.com/Maersk.Osv.Modelling/posts/pfbid0HW8TmV9C52cbu8yFdzAzwMWxnnr8S5no9WwwweVPhbLhDgaQAsEv5xHSHYvHP6Pzl

The electronics of the Maersk Topper will be completely replaced. The current Graupner MC 22 (jeti 2.4ghz) with 2 multiswitch modules will be replaced.
I am experiencing too much interference with the multiswitch modules. I will continue with the FrSky Taranis 9XE, after positive experience from a number of other ship model builders
 I will not only replace the RC control but also all circuits controlled by the multiswitches.
Because the Taranis 9XE has 32 servo channels with a 2nd transmitter module, I can control many functions directly with a servo channel (esc) instead of with the multiswitch.
This creates many more mix and combination possibilities, which will later be very useful during Anchor Handling (combination maneuvering model, control winches, Towing pins and sjarkjaws).
It will be a mega job and the design of how everything will look like is still in the early stages.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2022, 08:46:41 am »

It would be like sailing across one of those old sea maps with actual depictions of what they decorated them with - just missing the sea monster
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2023, 09:03:49 pm »

The steam engine was one of the main pillars of the Industrial Revolution and changed the world of shipping forever. As such, this invention is one of the principal subjects in our section dedicated to the history of shipbuilding on deck 3 of the museum. The stars of this section are without any doubt the fully functional engine models of Karl-Friedrich Pohlmann. They include a reproduction of the engines of the RMS Titanic, the SS Deutshcland (1900), but also this masterpiece that shows how steam power opened fully new possibilities in shipping.

You are looking to the engine system of an ocean-going and salvage tug, around 1900, in a scale of 1:25. This type of vessel needs an imense amount of power to carry out their duties - and really needs to be able to operate independently from the wind. So, for such a comparably small vessel, an ocean-going tug will always need a comparably large, mighty and complex engine. This is still the fact for modern offshore operating tugs. The model of the stern of this tug shows two three-cylinder expansion engines with main condensers, and air and water feed pumps, as the heart of the propulsion system. Furthermore, two twin expansion engines with two cooling water centrifugal pumps for the main condensers and two single-cylinder expansion engines with two electric power generators as auxiliary engines. The model is completed by a two-cylinder steering gear with alternating steam valve, to control the rudder of the tug.

This parts are known as compound steam engines. In them, he steam is fed in progressively larger and lower pressure cylinders while it loses heat. This way, the engine uses more power from the steam. This engines are usually closed systems, where the steam is cooled into water to be reheated and reused as steam. This is specially relevant for sea operation, because the use of salt water would damage the boiler. The compound steam engine was invented in the early 1780s, but it took approximately a century to develop functioning maritime applications for the multiple compound steam engine. This system will be the highest propulsion technology for ships until the steam turbine and the Diesel engine were developed.   

https://www.facebook.com/immhh/posts/pfbid02qGHJqn8bYCKhznsaQy4EhXk9vuBwUuEgMXrxzX7T18vwvWMpM5LHargUATdwMFL2l

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2023, 12:18:28 pm »

"Well this should be an interesting one ?!
Fairy super swordsman offshore racer, this should wake the people up at our local club !"
Bill Bush

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=555174160125726&set=pcb.1983039712034338

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2023, 05:12:43 pm »

Kostas ( ship models ), a Master Modeller amongst Master Modellers!

https://www.facebook.com/KostasShipModels/posts/pfbid0VPQXjYAudt6pA6WNGc4FWqjrR17hsqPCsaV8ddeoaDbiwVTLZ9EsvmhwfMQVBLf7l

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2023, 08:33:16 pm »

Aerial photograph of Balboa harbour, Panama Canal Zone, on 23 April 1934, with U.S. Fleet cruisers and destroyers moored together.
Ships present include (left to right in lower left):

USS Elliot (DD-146); USS Roper (DD-147); USS Hale (DD-133); USS Dorsey (DD-117); USS Lea (DD-118); USS Rathburne (DD-113); USS Talbot (DD-114); USS Waters (DD-115); USS Dent (DD-116); USS Aaron Ward (DD-132); USS Buchanan (DD-131); USS Crowninshield (DD-134); USS Preble (DD-345); and USS William B. Preston (DD-344). (left to right in center): USS Yarnall (DD-143); USS Sands (DD-243); USS Lawrence (DD-250); (unidentified destroyer); USS Detroit (CL-8), Flagship, Destroyers Battle Force; USS Fox (DD-234); USS Greer (DD-145); USS Barney (DD-149); USS Tarbell (DD-142); and USS Chicago (CA-29), Flagship, Cruisers Scouting Force. (left to right across the top): USS Southard (DD-207); USS Chandler (DD-206); USS Farenholt (DD-332); USS Perry (DD-340); USS Wasmuth (DD-338); USS Trever (DD-339); the destroyer tender USS Melville (AD-2); USS Truxtun (DD-229); USS McCormick (DD-223); USS MacLeish (DD-220); USS Simpson (DD-221); USS Hovey (DD-208); USS Long (DD-209); USS Litchfield (DD-336); USS Tracy (DD-214); USS Dahlgren (DD-187); the repair ship USS Medusa (AR-1); USS Raleigh (CL-7), Flagship, Destroyers Scouting Force; USS Pruitt (DD-347); and USS J. Fred Talbott (DD-156); USS Dallas (DD-199); (four unidentified destroyers); and USS Indianapolis (CA-35), Flagship, Cruisers Scouting Force.

https://www.facebook.com/ilovewarships?locale=en_GB

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2024, 11:22:37 pm »

Kostas ship models V2 - a Master Modeller amongst Master Modellers!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 23 queries.