Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for information on a 1920s-1930s power boat!  (Read 1113 times)

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Looking for information on a 1920s-1930s power boat!
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:36:05 am »

I saw this boat on an old episode of "The Untouchables"  and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.  The film was, obviously, stock footage and predated the 1960 TV show.  I estimate circa 1920s to 1930s probably from a movie.  If anyone knows the movie that would be helpful.  The boat itself looks to be passenger boat done up to look like Police/Customs launch.  I suspect some kind of passenger/tourist type ferry (given the number of windows).  The streamlined superstructure is quite distinctive.  Any help would be gratefully received.  I've already googled most permutations and come up with nothing.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Looking for information on a 1920s-1930s power boat!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:55:29 am »

Just a thought. It could be from a newsreel, and the Rico could be a rum runner that is being seized.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Looking for information on a 1920s-1930s power boat!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 12:09:07 pm »

Interesting idea!  I've run the name and variations but got nothing I suspect the name was added for the film but I'll pursue that idea!.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.