Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10?  (Read 91663 times)

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
Re: Windows 10?
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2015, 10:47:05 pm »

Hello,

Why is there nothing like Irfanview already installed in Windows 10 ?.

This is the result from my first attempt with it !!.

John.
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2015, 11:25:22 pm »

Thank you Jim G.
Irfanview is a bit complicated, but will get easier with future usage.

John.  :-)  :-)  :-) 
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2015, 12:45:27 am »

Hi John
I have since XP used Pixresizer, will do 1 picture or 1000+ ) I have tested it)

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

But make sure you click the link by the arrow drawn on the picture Not the big green button which says start install here as that is for some other software.

Also to make things easy I have 2 files on my c Drive.. " A " ( Source file ) where I put a copy of the larger file to be copied  and then " B " being the destination file.. Saves having to map the source and destination each time. and then using the slide bar to 800*600 is normally fine for Mayhem and all other sites.

Think I tried Irfanview but still found pixresizer simpler..  As you say this would have been an easy tool to add to W10

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2015, 07:01:31 am »

If you want something integrated with Windows Explorer, try Image Resizer - http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
It installs as a right click option, and allows you to select the output size. It hasn't been updated since 2012, but has worked in Win7, Win8.1 and Win10

Barrie

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2015, 08:41:49 am »

Hello,

Why is there nothing like Irfanview already installed in Windows 10 ?.

This is the result from my first attempt with it !!.

John.
There is. 
It's called "Microsoft Photo Editor".  If you right click the image file you want to look at, it is one of the options for opening with.  When the image opens, there is a drop down menu under "Image", one of the items there is "Resize".  Much the same with the extremely venerable "Paint". 
Obviously, with whatever program is used, you need to save it either elsewhere or with a different name to avoid losing the original.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2015, 08:55:51 am »

There is. 
It's called "Microsoft Photo Editor".  If you right click the image file you want to look at, it is one of the options for opening with.  When the image opens, there is a drop down menu under "Image", one of the items there is "Resize".  Much the same with the extremely venerable "Paint". 
Obviously, with whatever program is used, you need to save it either elsewhere or with a different name to avoid losing the original.
Useless, as will only do 1 picture at a time.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:00 am »

If you want something integrated with Windows Explorer, try Image Resizer - http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
It installs as a right click option, and allows you to select the output size. It hasn't been updated since 2012, but has worked in Win7, Win8.1 and Win10

Barrie

That's what I use  :-)) :-))
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2015, 05:50:09 pm »

I use Image Resizer too. I need to have a number of different formats for the various pics on the Model Boats Website and have added and named my customised sizes to the menu list. The program works very well.

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2015, 05:55:58 pm »

On a somewhat different Windows 10 matter. I recently found that my system was becoming increasingly unstable with crashes perhaps three times a day when the system would either reboot without warning or simply go into a sort of coma which required switching the PC off and on manually. I tried all sorts of remedies suggested online without much effect including uninstalling the Trusteer Rapport security program for online banking which is reputed to sometimes cause problems. I also checked and updated all my hardware drivers.

The blackouts seemed to occur when using IE11 so I have now switched to Firefox and so far it has been OK (fingers crossed) I have also reinstalled Rapport so we will see how things go.

Colin

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2015, 07:41:00 pm »

if you click on the pictures, right click and select sent to - mail recipient, then windows will give you an option to resize the images, select the size and hit ok, then when the email opens copy the files and save them to a new folder, then close the email without sending.

Stavros

« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2015, 08:20:28 pm »

This really tickles me I am an absoloute computer Noob and since installing win 10 and using IE 11 I havnt had a single problem except no smilies on this site...so what....SO is it you computer wiz kids who are playing far to much and buggering the system up...METHINKS YES.........

Dave..................waiting for the flack PMSL

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2015, 08:32:53 pm »

This really tickles me I am an absoloute computer Noob and since installing win 10 and using IE 11 I havnt had a single problem except no smilies on this site...so what....SO is it you computer wiz kids who are playing far to much and buggering the system up...METHINKS YES.........

Dave..................waiting for the flack PMSL

No Issues with W10 here either and smileys work too  :-))
But then I'm running windows on a Mac  ;D
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2015, 10:20:40 am »

Useless, as will only do 1 picture at a time.
If you only want to resize one or two pictures, not a real problem, but M$ only supply the bare basics with their OS which leaves room for the aftermarket.  Hence the likes of programs like Image Resizer, which do cater for those who need a bit more.
 {:-{   Trial smiley to see if it works.  It does in preview.
Trusteer Rapport - I did have a problem with that - it suddenly started hogging all of the available memory (looking in Task Manager) and if I remember right, much of the CPU capacity as well.  It might or might not have been reacting with another program, but since Trusteer were of the opinion that PCs are there to run their security software and nothing else, it went.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2015, 01:11:42 pm »

Smileys only work for me if I use IE Explorer, Edge will not do it for me.

Stavros

« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2015, 03:29:36 pm »

O0

Dave

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2015, 04:44:02 pm »

Smileys only work for me if I use IE Explorer, Edge will not do it for me.
I was using Chrome.  It is quite possible that the MS offerings, being, as I have heard, not particularly compliant with industry standards, will fail occasionally when they run into something that is.  Different MS programs might work, or fail, differently.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2015, 12:25:29 pm »

First Major update this coming Thursday  :} :}

FsASTSyd1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2015, 12:54:53 pm »

Hi Longbuild - got the update this morning,running fine, now keeping fingers, and everything else, crossed.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2015, 01:14:14 pm »

Wonder if this coming Thursday was in fact last Thursday as just found it sitting in the notifications box, Updated now..

!! tey gnorw gnihton ees nac I dnA

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2015, 01:58:41 pm »

It was this last week, there is quite a bit of information online about it. Last night my PC refused to shut down and apparently went to sleep so I shut it down manually and then restarted it whereupon it did lots of updating including another restart before powering up as usual. My notification indicated that some updates were not installed to I set the PC to run a check but it didn't seem to be able to find anything. It is supposed to be quicker to boot up as a result of the update and it did seem to this morning.

Whether it's safe to go back to using IE11 I don't know. Firefox has its plus points but it isn't compatible with everything.

Colin

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »

just rebooting my win10 machine remotely, its doing a lot of configuring as it shuts down.

Captain Povey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2015, 10:42:51 am »

I am no computer wiz kid so waited for the feed back from the early converts. I upgraded a couple of weeks ago and all seems ok. There was a panic moment during the change when the screen went black for ages and nothing seemed to be happening but the usual cure of switching off and back on again fixed it. There are a couple of things I used to use that have been moved to new places and took a bit of finding. All in All in all its ok. I havn't used the new browser yet and probably wont. I have yet to find the big advantage in using 10 but then I do not do much more than the basics. Graham

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2015, 11:58:43 am »

just rebooting my win10 machine remotely, its doing a lot of configuring as it shuts down.

It did seem a bit faster after the update, but we will see.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #223 on: November 16, 2015, 01:07:02 pm »

My son has win 10 on his pc, but hasn't yet said anything about updates, he has already asked for additions - like more ram, so he can play bigger games on it, but it is a HP dc7800 and the PSU is too small to accomodate to many extras, he even thinks that swapping out the 2 x 1GB's and fitting a single 4GB stick will improve it - from what i remember, two sticks are better than one, the motherboard may not allow him to exceed 4GB in any format as its running 32 bit win 10, so i have to think about getting win 7 64 bit - load that and let him update to win 10 64 bit and add then 2 x 2GB or 4 x 2GB or even 2 x 4GB as it would not be limited to 4GB but 8GB - i could be wrong - anyway why should he get a new pc  :} 
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2015, 02:40:06 pm »

I upgraded my oldest windows 7  laptop to Windows 10 download, after it finished installing  the old laptop seemed to have a new lease of life it was faster and so far hasn't froze like it used to on a fairly regular basis, it's been a few days now and I'm gradually getting used to it, however I have found one anomally, after filling in a e-mail address a popup said unvalid address on checking it I noticed instead of a @ it had a  "  I tried again and the same thing happened, so I tried a bit of logic and entered  " and yes I got @  so now I have to remember  that these two symbols are back to front so to speak, maybe the updates will cure it. Ho and the smileys don't work either.

so has anyone else come across this after downloading Windows 10
Joe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.