Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mk3 viper bait boat  (Read 9587 times)

Antz

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Mk3 viper bait boat
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:09:17 pm »

Hi , I'm new to this forum and model boats so please excuse me.
I have a viper mk3 bait boat and due to either loosing or leaving my tx hand set in France , I am now going to attempt to upgrade it to 2.4ghz.i have split the hull to see the guts and have noticed the hopper release is more of a small motor than a servo, there is a magnetic reed switch on the hopper that is closed when the hopper is closed and goes open when the door catch releases, on the hopper motor I have noticed three diodes on one of the connections. Does any one know how this works or more so how it resets? I have powered it with a 6 V supply and put the reed switch in series, the hopper opens, then motor cuts out but the catch does not reset. They originally plugged into the viper main pcb
You help will be appreciated
With regards to the electronics I was going to install action electronics control gear, power supply and esp units
Thanks in advance

Stavros

Re: Mk3 viper bait boat
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:50:20 pm »

Done quite a few of these for fellow anglers tricky to get right.......expect to spend in the regeon of £200 to get it right if your doing it yourself ADD Another £100 if you are getting someone else to do it for you......where you from

Dave

Antz

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 10:10:30 am »

Hi Dave,
Im from North staffs,Yes I agree with your pricing. I have brought a spektrum DX5e combo for the tx/rx, And have done a bit of reserch with regards ESP, Power distribution, swiching and a flasher unit, Action Electronics seem to have an excellent reputation and also very helpful over the phone, So I think I will proberley go with their products.
The only thing i can not suss at present is the hopper release mech. I have got it to release and cut out, but not to reset / drive back, I think the diodes may be some form of back emf protection for the viper pcb ( its a very long time since I did electroinics), I do not know if this door release can be reused or as a new servo got to be fitted / modded. I think the viper release is more of a motor than servo,
i will post up spome pictures
thanks
Ant

Antz

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 10:19:14 am »

Please see pictures

inertia

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 11:31:44 am »

It looks like operating the reed switch allows the motor to run in one direction, while closing the microswitch at the same time reverses it. Without any details of the mechanics involved I can't say whether it's a good idea or a servo might be a better option.
There are several different wiring diagrams for bait boats on the old ACTion website here http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/wd.php
DM

ikn369330

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 11:52:32 am »

Hi there, did you manage to fix the issue with the bait drop mechanism and if so how, could you give me any other instructions on the conversion please?

Steven

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 10:45:16 am »

I’m looking to upgrade the motors in my viper legacy xt what motors do you have fitted in your boat ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.