Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Be careful out there.  (Read 1503 times)

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
Be careful out there.
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:34:10 pm »

:police: Just a reminder about the safety of water and our hobby,a guy in America drowned trying to rescue his boat which had got stuck,over the years I have modelers do some really stupid things when their pride and joy was stuck or in danger of sinking,luckily most of our ponds and lakes are not that deep, but it does take deep water for you to drown one slip and hit your head and could be all over,so take some basic safety precautions;never sail alone,make sure float devices are available in case someone falls in,and remember your boat may have cost a fortune but it is not worth dying for you only get one life,sorry to bring this subject up but one death is one too many,lets all be safe out there and enjoy our great hobby,Ray. O0 O0 O0 O0         
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

tony52

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Be careful out there.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:18:53 pm »

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:29:09 pm »

A good positive post Sparky! One of our club members was launching his sub from the pond edge and toppled in. A few days later he felt unwell and got worse over the following days. It was then discovered he was suffering from Weils Disease which he may have caught through a cut when he took his unwanted swim. Rats are everywhere!
My toolbox always contains a spray wound dressing and a hand sanitiser - always used before I have my sandwich!  O0

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:49:33 pm »

There a link to a video here on Mayhem, where a bloke is running his beautiful Riva (I think) in a river,
it stalls in front of a big motor barge bearing down on it, he swims out to get it?!?!?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 01:52:53 am »

It actually happened in Brisbane recently, see below  <:( <:(

http://www.theage.com.au/queensland/brisbane-river-body-police-identify-man-who-had-tried-to-retrieve-remote-boat-20150720-gig3ya.html

The Brisbane river is deceiving and has claimed many lives.
Gunna build those other boats one day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.