Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anybody identify this please?  (Read 2371 times)

Chris G

• Full Mayhemer
  • Andree1v the real thing.
Can anybody identify this please?
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:02:30 pm »

My daughter saw and bought this yacht for me from an antique fair this weekend and I wonder if anybody can identify the yacht type or the approximate year.
It is 800 mm long 170 mm beam and 1250 bottom of keel to top of mast. I thought at first the hull was metal but now believe it to be grp, the sales are man made fabric maybe nylon, ad the deck is plywood with the mast and booms wood. The keel is metal with what looks like a lead shaped weight on the bottom and the rudder is brass.
I do not believe it has ever had R/C and looking at length of plastic hose on the bowsprit believe it has been an old time pond yacht.
Please has anybody got any ideas, I was thinking after rubbing it down repainting and tidying up with new rigging it will make a quite pretty ornament O0

All the best and thanks Chris G     

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Can anybody identify this please?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:07:32 pm »

She looks very nice Chris and with your skills I think she'd end up looking very nice but even better if you got her to sail. Try Mr's E Jones at our club as she's be a great help and has brought a lot of old yacht's back to life and not always r/c. but if am right she don't come on here often.

Regards Howard.

Chris G

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »

Hello Howard
I do hope you are well and thanks for the compliment, I also think it would make a nice model to put on show not sure I need any more to take to the lake. If I make any more I am going to have to move house, must think of selling a couple.
I hope your monster is going well, I have been away from the hobby for a while doing holidays and things so need to catch up with all that is going on.
Take care and keep well and hope we can meet up again this year Chris G

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:46:41 am »

Love the Dymo tape nameplates!  {-) {-)
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

Chris G

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 01:03:04 pm »

Yes pretty sad but it ages the boat to approx. 80's when people started using dymo tape, well maybe. {-)
I reckon with a plastic hull she must be around 20 years old, I was hoping someone on here would be able to make an informed guess. 

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 04:41:07 pm »

:} Looks like a great project to restore,I have got no idea what the boat is, might be made by someone had the hull and built it up from there from imagination,you are lucky to have a daughter with such a keen eye to get it for you,Ray. :}   
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Chris G

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 04:56:00 pm »

Thanks for that Ray, it was a gift for re-building her bathroom. Still not sure how to proceed with it although it will have to join the queue of work in progress.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.