Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS BRYONY 1942  (Read 4603 times)

ron h

HMS BRYONY 1942
« on: April 09, 2006, 02:53:04 pm »

Hi, This is my HMS Bryony she is a Flower Class Corvette, scratch built to a scale of 1/32, 7ft- 01/4 inch long , 12 inches wide , displaces 120 lbs, took 3 years to build and research,

[Too Large - attachment deleted by admin]

Warship

• Full Mayhemer
  • Enjoying my Retirement.
Re: HMS BRYONY 1942
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 05:35:57 pm »

Ron has built some spledid models over the years and H.M.S. Bryony is one of his best. Well done, always nice to see photos of her, wherever they appear. :) :) :)
Ambition. To have my own Model Navy
before I pop my cloggs.

Presently building Aircraft Carrier H.M.S. Victorious in 1/96 scale.

ron h

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 11:09:40 am »

A few more pic,s

[Too Large - attachment deleted by admin]

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 09:55:48 pm »

Hi Ron. That's a remarkable model you have made there. In fact it has made me question whether I should build a tug I intended to purchase and build or a model of a Flower although possibly not Bryony. This lead me to do some research on the net about Flowers and crews which resulted in me reading some remarkable stories.

Then to top it off, an RN veteran came in our shop, we got talking and I mentioned the Flower Class corvette. He said those boys had it rough doing the convoys (how right he was) and that he served in the Pacific, possibly on KGV(?) loosing off a couple of torpedos!

ron h

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 10:20:07 pm »

You can get a 1/48 scale hull for Bryony and the drawings from Metcalf Models. There are other hulls in 1/48 scale of BLuebell K80. ron h

there,s also my book, Tribute to a Flower, HMS Bryony 1942, only 500 copies were printed, most have been sold, to raise money for the RNLI and the FCCA. I have not made a penny from the book, just enjoyed doing it.

krfilby

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 07:27:39 am »

Would love to purchase your book Ron, as I have 2 Uncles who served on Corvettes on the Russian convoy run. Could you supply details of how/ where to purchase.
Thanks Keith

ron h

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 11:01:26 am »

Would love to purchase your book Ron, as I have 2 Uncles who served on Corvettes on the Russian convoy run. Could you supply details of how/ where to purchase.
Thanks Keith

e-mail in the post.

The book is about, my model , the building of the ship, were she went, the refits, the crew,the ships in there groups, what she ended up as, and the 50th anniversary at Wakefield , West Yorkshire.

Warship

• Full Mayhemer
  • Enjoying my Retirement.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 01:21:37 pm »

I have a copy of Ron's book and it is a very interesting read, as well as the splendid model that Ron built.
Well worth purchasing a copy, if you are interested in the Flower Class Corvettes. ;D
Ambition. To have my own Model Navy
before I pop my cloggs.

Presently building Aircraft Carrier H.M.S. Victorious in 1/96 scale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.