Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Worlds Busiest Railway  (Read 1250 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
The Worlds Busiest Railway
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:56:01 am »

Did anyone watch this on tv last night?

India of course, but it was the central railway station in Mumbai. Every day the station handles 5.5 MILLION commuters :o :o

This is just at peak breakfast and teatimes, workers going into the city. It has 22 platforms and a train arrives every 40 seconds. The train halts and it has 30-35 seconds to get everyone off and everyone on, to help this the doors on all carriages have been removed so basically they are just open cattle wagons. Ben Snow the presenter attempted to get on one and bearing in mind how tall he is, he said the carriages were so cramped it was the equivelent of having 14 people in a phonebox - no seats at all. Each train was built to carry 1200 people but now carry 5000 :o Think of that on the morning commute into London when you can't get a seat :}

Stavros

Re: The Worlds Busiest Railway
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 12:21:25 pm »

yes I watched it......all I can say is the workers are darned lazy not carrying their dinners with them to work HA HA.......darned good way of getting fresh food though

Dave

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: The Worlds Busiest Railway
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 09:52:29 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.