Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engel Gato SS212  (Read 57583 times)

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Engel Gato SS212
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2019, 01:47:38 pm »

A possible solution for bellows is to look at automotive bellows. They are used on brake ststems, throttles, ect. They are much more durable. Just a thought.

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2019, 09:29:27 pm »

HI Akira                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Yes i know what you mean about using automotive bellows, i used them as you said in the big 12ft Gato sub and they do work quite well. I am supprized nobody has made any bellows from silicone rubber, but allot of the smaller bellowsare not as good as they was a few years ago. I have not took the small Gato out for a few months now, i don't think i have took the big Gato out for 5 years now or so seems a bit of a shame as it just sits in the garage gathering dust, i ran it up a few months ago and it all works fine resin why i ran i up was i changed the coolant for the compressor                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Thanks for reply all the best Sub John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2021, 10:19:28 pm »

Hi Guys
      Just a bit of a up date on the Engel Gato was testing the sub in the paddling pool the other day and the front dive tank started to do strange things, it would only blow half the tank at the front of the sub and some times it would compleatly blow the tank. I thought i had got a problem with the control board that i made for it but after testing it the board worked ok, but to cut a long story short Engel uses micro switches for end stops on the tanks one of the micro  switch works on the part that operates the slide pot that micro switch works fine it has a nice shamford edge and that works fine no problem, but the other micro switch the peice that pushes in on the micro switch the threaded rod travels up and down it like a file wareing a groove in it so it starts to play up not a very good design. Why they could not have used a micro switch with a roller which would of stoppted the problem so what i have deceided to do to get ride of this problem all together i have designed infa red cut outs so it works on light. Hopefully i won't have this problem once i change it.

The circuit boards that i designed for the tanks have worked without a problem for over 5 years so all i can say is it is a proven design dare i say no relays i really do hate them?plus i hate micro switches they are no good to man or beast
                                                            Sub John

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2021, 10:41:14 pm »

.....i have designed infa red cut outs so it works on light.

A 'break beam' type?

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2021, 11:26:15 pm »

Hi Martin
      Nice to hear from you hope you are well, yes same sort of infa red but had to make mine they have to link up to my control board for the Engel Gato it is a pain about the micro switches it really has worn a groove in it

Hope to meet up with you at one of the shows with a bit of look think in a couple of weeks they are having a sub dive in at Wicksteed park are you going to go

All the best Sub John
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.