Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combat Dealers.  (Read 4430 times)

Davenotdone

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
Combat Dealers.
« on: September 09, 2015, 08:41:50 pm »

On tonight ( this postings date ) at 21:00 ( and the plus 1 hour channel, so allso on at 22:00 )  something about a man buying the last surviving German torpedo boat
   That's all i know about it....................regards, Dave.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: Combat Dealers.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »

Quest tv  :-))

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:58:04 pm »

I've just rushed down to check myself and set the copier.      %)

Thanks for the  'heads up'

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:25:34 pm »

ARGHHHHHH don't get Quest

Dave

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 07:00:48 am »

Wow, what a piece of history....the last one.....I thought model boating was tough on the wallet, but £5m????? and what a toy to play with.
And what a wide boy that bossman is eh? seemed to have nearly one of everything in that warehouse of his.

subs1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:29:46 am »

Is that series one or two ?

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 09:41:33 am »

Wow, what a piece of history....the last one.....I thought model boating was tough on the wallet, but £5m????? and what a toy to play with.
And what a wide boy that bossman is eh? seemed to have nearly one of everything in that warehouse of his.
Must belong to the "MORE MONEY THAN SENSE" brigade, yeah that Bruce (?) alway's beats the seller down on price . . . funny it never works for me . . . .
Bill :embarrassed:

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 12:29:09 pm »

The E boat owner was reported to have paid £2000 for the kriegsmarine pattern toilet from Hitler's Yacht to install, however, the E boats were apparently never  fitted with toilets of any type. This fact was noted by the allies at the end of the war when surrendered boats were inspected.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 07:12:41 pm »

Apparently it was the one that discovered the US training at beach landing - operation tiger? - killed 1200 rip, looking at the vessel - hell of a lot of work to get the hull covered, not sure how much of it would be original by the time they finish, yea I found that paying 2000 for a toilet that wont even be used in her means they have 2000 less to spend on the restoration, don't like these tv dealers - just rip of merchants - though in reality, they are probably only giving those prices to make it look good, in the actual deal an hour before probably means they got less and don't want to look like muppets.

I also hate those programs, usually US type, where everything appears to be a life or death situation or a major problem, when in reality it isn't but they have to talk to camera as if it is, watch Miami airport 24/7 on the travel channel when it comes back on, even mighty ships do it - grrrrrr.
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 07:19:10 pm »

Apparently it was the one that discovered the US training at beach landing - operation tiger? - killed 1200 rip, looking at the vessel - hell of a lot of work to get the hull covered, not sure how much of it would be original by the time they finish, yea I found that paying 2000 for a toilet that wont even be used in her means they have 2000 less to spend on the restoration, don't like these tv dealers - just rip of merchants - though in reality, they are probably only giving those prices to make it look good, in the actual deal an hour before probably means they got less and don't want to look like muppets.

I also hate those programs, usually US type, where everything appears to be a life or death situation or a major problem, when in reality it isn't but they have to talk to camera as if it is, watch Miami airport 24/7 on the travel channel when it comes back on, even mighty ships do it - grrrrrr.

Totally agree - however, the entire program may be completely faked - the same as ALL the American ones are.
It has the exact same formula - larger-than-life charactors and totally unbelievable deals.

It's more of a 'gentle' Discovery-style program showing interesting old tech and telling a bit about its history.

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 07:29:49 pm »

did any one look at the link and see the engines he got ,one was found in a farm at somerset ,monster of a thing  and the chap who is doing this boat ,has more cash than he knows what to do , he paid nearly 200 g,s for the engine .

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 08:13:05 pm »

Yes TLB it's the same one. This link gives a lot more information and pictures of the present condition.

www.warhistoryonline.com/living-history/german/german-s130-schnellboot

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »

Ah yes, Kevin Wheatcroft has been on some of the Tank overhaul programs as well. He owns an collection of military vehicles (Wheatcroft collection) and restores may as well. I think he is cleverer than he puts on, and would certainly have made a good deal!

Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.