Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner Bongo 1 drive unit  (Read 1506 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Graupner Bongo 1 drive unit
« on: September 10, 2015, 11:55:23 am »

Hi all, I have one of these never used but no instructions.
It is an inboard drive system with shrouded prop / rudder and it rotates about 40 degrees each side of neutral.
To install it the vertical part of the unit under water has to be detached.
I do not want to break it and I wonder if anyone remembers them and knows what to do?
Nothing on the 'net.

regards Roy

inertia

Re: Graupner Bongo 1 drive unit
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:05:03 pm »

Roy
It's years since I had one but I seem to recall there's a single screw which has to be removed to allow the L-shaped tiller arm to be withdrawn horizontally. This in turn releases the vertical shaft and prop/nozzle assembly which can be withdrawn downwards. If you have a good look at it you'll soon work out what I mean.
The gears on the Bongo are quite fragile so I wouldn't run it on more than about 5v. The red lever on the very end of the motor (a Monoperm) has three positions - Forward, Stop and Reverse. It took me a while to work this out when the motor initially refused to run at all!
Dave M

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »

Hi Dave, thanks it fell apart in my hands!  My one is a 4.5 volt motor and I was going to run it on 4 cells.  So thanks for the advice most appreciated.
kind regards Roy

inertia

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 07:19:13 pm »

You're welcome, m'duck.
BTW if anyone out there has one of these units which is surplus to requirements then I can find a good home for it here.
Dave M
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.