The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Albert the tug - Builders Blog

<< < (3/38) > >>

mermod:
Next step is to start slotting parts into the sub-frame, the tabs project past the bottom by 10mm so to allow for this I suggest the base is sat up on spacers, I used some plastic shot cups for the photo's but some wooden blocks or strips would work just as well, once again, at this stage do not glue anything.

Here on the corner is a tight fit and will need a bit of jiggling to get the slots past each other on the way down.

mermod:

mermod:
More parts in the sub-frame assembly bags.

mermod:
These parts can be slid into place taking notice of the stickers showing which way up and which way forward (even though they can only be slotted in one way anyway)

They can then be slid partially into place, don't push them right down yet or the next bit won't fit in.

mermod:
The last few sub-assembly parts can now be put together, the servo mount shown is the only part of the kit cut from 7mm ply, it get's a bit tricky holding these parts together so I recommend tacking the servo mount in place as shown with a drop of CA, just to hold it while everything gets pushed into place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version