Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Secure Mowe 2 Cabin Roof.  (Read 1807 times)

supaboat

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
How To Secure Mowe 2 Cabin Roof.
« on: December 02, 2018, 10:51:00 pm »

Hello all. Looking for some assistance in securing the roof onto the Mowe 2. I need to be able to remove it to change leds and other stuff I might put in. However I dont know how to do this so that it is waterproof. Thinking along the lines of rubber and magnets but not sure if the magnets would interfere with the radio signal? Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks a lot. (Photos attached)

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: How To Secure Mowe 2 Cabin Roof.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:23:36 am »

make some sides that fit inside the walls, so its like a box lid and just push fits on, I make up a frame with a sheet of paper folded over the walls, then clamp the frame and glue the tiop to the frame, the paper stops it sticking to the walls, and allows a slight gap to make it a snug not too tight fit.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:21:49 am »

make some sides that fit inside the walls, so its like a box lid and just push fits on, I make up a frame with a sheet of paper folded over the walls, then clamp the frame and glue the tiop to the frame, the paper stops it sticking to the walls, and allows a slight gap to make it a snug not too tight fit.
What Grendel said - if you get enough water that high to be a problem you have bigger worries than a bit of damp in the superstructure.  Just a tight enough fit so that wind can't get under it and lift it will do the job.
Small magnets at the superstructure corners and pieces of steel (small bits of tinplate) on the underside of the roof is another fixing idea.  Might only need one or two at the front edge.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

supaboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 02:00:38 pm »

I like both ideas. Maaybe combine them just to be sure. Still a bit worried about how the magnetic fields will affect the radio signal.Anybody know about this??

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 02:20:17 pm »

I have used rare earth magnets to secure parts only a few inches from the receiver with no discernible ill effects. So I don't think you need to worry.

Greg

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 07:19:43 pm »

I like both ideas. Maaybe combine them just to be sure. Still a bit worried about how the magnetic fields will affect the radio signal.Anybody know about this??
Absolutely zero.  A static magnetic field has no effect at all on any radio signal.  A rotating or pulsing one, maybe, but nobody has yet found a way to spin a magnet fast enough to create radio waves without the magnet disintegrating.  Not even Dyson.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

supaboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 12:07:19 pm »

Thanks for the help guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.