Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairmile D plans  (Read 3387 times)

Stuartsmall21

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Fairmile D plans
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:09:17 pm »

Hi, I've decided that my next project is going to be a Fairmile D. The consensus is that the John Lambert plans are excellent, but I've tried emailing to order a set of plans (the order form isn't on the website any more) and I've not heard anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there any other way I can get hold of the plans?

Thanks
Stuart

plugger

• Shipmate
Re: Fairmile D plans
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 05:22:34 am »

Try to get hold of the book - Anatomy of the ship series - Fairmile D.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:24:20 am »

Cornwall Model boats and www.model-dockyard.com do have them on their website so you could try that.

BTW did you use the email to Sam that are maintaining the website
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 09:31:39 am »

Try to get hold of the book - Anatomy of the ship series - Fairmile D.

Conway's "Anatomy of a Ship"  is the best reference book it has every you need but you might also consider "Allied Coastal Forces of World War 2, Part 1"  which is also by John Lambert.  an awful lot about Fairmile Ds and an interesting read.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

steve pickstock

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 02:16:45 pm »

I second that. I have them both and they're really very good.

Stuartsmall21

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »

Thanks everyone. I've got hold of Allied Coastal Forces which is excellent but will look for the anatomy of a ship series.

I have emailed Sam via the website link. I'm happy to order from Model Dockyard as their price matches the one John Lambert had on the website. Cornwall Model Boats is worryingly cheaper - are they the same plans?

Thanks
Stuart

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:43:06 am »

I don't think the 12.00 quid version is the John Lambert plan!  The more expensive 17.50 version definitely is and will have a lot more detail of the actually boat.  I'm fairly certain that everything on the Lambert sheet plans is in one of the two books recommended previously. These are more than enough to build an accurate model, the only downside is you'd have to do a little more scaling as the drawing in the books are usually in a variety of scales.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.