Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6v 4AH Gel Cell  (Read 2246 times)

bj

• Full Mayhemer
6v 4AH Gel Cell
« on: September 26, 2015, 12:13:30 pm »

Needing to replace 6v 4Ah gel cell I would normal buy either a Yuasa NP4-6 or a PowerSonic PS640F1 .... however there seem to be a lot of LUCAS LSLA4-6 available.

So my questions ...... Has anyone ever used this make before and are they Yuasa quality and what is their opinion of them?

Assuming that they are genuine then I would presume that they would match Yuasa quality.

BJ

Stavros

Re: 6v 4AH Gel Cell
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:12:22 am »

Buy from Component shop their batts are as good as Yasua if not better OH and far cheaper

Dave

bj

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:28:24 am »

Buy from Component shop their batts are as good as Yasua if not better OH and far cheaper
Dave
I have one of their batteries in another boat but I was not too impressed ..... maybe it is the motor in that particular boat.
Since I did not fit out that boat I do know what motor (3 pole or 5 pole) is fitted in the hull. However I will remove the battery and try it in the new boat as a test.

On the subject of Component Shop, I placed an order on Friday at 1430 for some lithium batteries for an alarm system and they were on my doorstep at 0830 the Saturday morning on the opposite side of England to their place. Now that is GOOD!

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 11:53:53 am »

Yasua are the best make for SLA . They are better than power sonic and other makes . Been fitting these types of bats in control panels for over 20 years now . Only seen Lucas once or twice . Unless there is a big price difference go with Yasua .
Howes are a pound cheaper on there 6v 4.5AH battery than compont shop.

John
 https://www.howesmodels.co.uk/product/6%20Volt%204.5Ah%20Rechargeable%20Lead%20Acid%20Battery

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 03:11:04 pm »

If yasua are better than powersonic why link to them and not yasua?

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 06:08:07 pm »

If yasua are better than powersonic why link to them and not yasua?

Ned

Simple
 Yasua are the best .
Yasua will cost a lot more RS list a 6v 4AH bat at 12 pounds .
So let me explain Ned  .
When my company fit battery's we don't fit poor quality but we charge a lot more than list price ,hence we use Yasua .
Now in a RC boat were quality does not have to be as high as in industry you can come down a bit quality and get better vaule for your pound.
Now you get in to mid range to good battery and thats were power sonic sit .
Power sonic cost 5.50 pounds Yasua 12 pounds . So buy a power sonic and stick the 6.50 in the bank . when the power sonic fails buy another with the 6.50 . X2 power sonic will last longer than one Yasua.
I deal with company that make mega buck per hour . A battery fault shutting them down would not go down well . On a model boat you will have a reduced running time .

John

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.