Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Farrington 30 by Model Yacht Design  (Read 2812 times)

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
Farrington 30 by Model Yacht Design
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:35:09 pm »

Has anyone here on Mayhem ever built this model?

I understand that there may have been a review of the kit some time ago, but I have no idea when or in which magazine.
I have struck up a friendship with Paul Ebdy who produced the original kit and he is currently pursuing his endeavours with a new range of Broads Cruisers which he his aiming to bring to the market in the very near future.  He is also looking to resurrect the Farrington 30 a little later next year.

I have been really taken by this boat, and I have told him that as soon as he has a kit available that he is to let me know.

I was just wondering whether many were sold originally and if anyone here had actually built one.  I would be very interested to hear of their experiences with it.
Cheers
Carl

David Shaw

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Farrington 30 by Model Yacht Design
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 07:17:59 am »

Hi Carl,
Look at the web site
   http://broadlandclassics.co.uk

Cheers
David
David Shaw

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 12:09:58 pm »

Hi David - Yes, the website I know  :-))

Was just wondering if anyone here had actually built one!

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 08:31:23 pm »

Carl. I have not built one yet, but am watching for the latest kit to become available.Would you  build one? Bob.

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 10:41:35 pm »

Carl. I have not built one yet, but am watching for the latest kit to become available.Would you  build one? Bob.

Absolutely Bob!! Ever since I clapped eyes on these pictures I just keep imagining myself beside a pond on a summer's evening whiling the time away.  I know I am into my ferries, but this beauty has got me hooked!!!!

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 05:42:30 pm »

Absolutely Bob!! Ever since I clapped eyes on these pictures I just keep imagining myself beside a pond on a summer's evening whiling the time away.  I know I am into my ferries, but this beauty has got me hooked!!!!

Carl: I used to trail my sailboat to the Broads some 30 years ago and got to love the place and it's tranquility. I used to moor at Hunters Yard and was taken by the beauty of their yachts so it was nice to see them mentioned on the Classic website. My workmate from Kent bought a 1940's cruiser at Acle and refitted it to it's original spec and it was superb. Having found the website recently, I was determined to build one of the classic models and the Farrrington fits my bill! Will be interesting to see the prices though  %) I guess it is inevitable that I will get one anyway! Hopefully to be able to sail it at Potter Heigham or similar - eventually! :-))  O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.