The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Yachts and Sail

Robbe Atlantis ...... Almost

(1/5) > >>

Unsinkable 2:
I have an idea, O0 and before I start (unlike last time :embarrassed: ) I am going to ask some questions, so here goes

Firstly, my idea...... I like the idea of a big yacht because I sail in the sea. After spending some time on this thread I have come under the spell of the robbe Atlantis :o .

I have decided that I am going to build my own version but use the sail set from the original.

I plan to start work on the drawings very soon. There are enough photos all over here and the Internet to get the details done.

Question time.....
Before I buy a sail set does anyone have one lying around that they might want to sell? Or any other bits or pieces for that matter.
 One kind member of this site has offered to see if he can find his original plans and will scan them for me if he can find them, but if he can't and anyone else has any that would help no end.

One of the 'Items' noted as needed to finish the kit was a 'fixings kit' does anyone know what the kit contains? It seems a little costly for a bag of screws so it must contain something I haven't thought of.

I understand it's a big project but I usually do a reasonable job and I am going to try and do this justice.

Any tips, advice spare parts or anything at all that will help me complete this project will be welcome. Thanks.

Coming to a forum near you very soon Alan's ' Alantis'....... U2

JerryTodd:
Looking forward to this :)
"I like big boats and a I cannot lie...."

Unsinkable 2:
Me too :-))

Attention all Atlantis owners, here's a chance to show off your beautiful boats. I'm looking for photos and ideas for my Alantis...

I think the drawing might be started tonight. I was hoping for some plans but have come to realise that there aren't any, just assembly instructions. Never mind I like drawing. Photos to follow....... U2

Nemo:
US2 - First on your agenda should be - think about making the ballast removeable! If you don't, you will be cursed with launching a 35lb yacht.

I modified my ship by replacing the winch servo with a sail-arm servo. You will find plenty who will argue for the former, but I could never get on with it as too complicated and a pig  to re-rig if it comes undone! I went for the simplicity of the sail-arm and when sailing in light to medium winds, which I prefer, I cannot tell the difference so why bother with a winch! Sailing in stronger winds is another matter.

Helpful links -
http://www.busybeas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/2.html

https://plus.google.com/photos/107161168091837550562/albums/5651828941581120033?banner=pwa&authkey=CNyE7_6PxPLngwE

Bob.

Unsinkable 2:
Bob, thanks for the reply and photos. I started my drawings tonight and I'm already struggling. She's a beast isn't she! It took ages just to sellotape the papers together as my table wasn't big enough to fit them and they kept trying to fall off.....anyway

I see the length is 1380mm and have tried to work out the distances from the lowest part of the keel (the rear of the rudder to be precise) to the top of the rudder and get it to about 16cm vertically. I have also guesstimated the distances between the tip of the nose to the first mast as 42 cm and 87 to the second. Is that about right?

To all Atlantis owners I would love as many dimensions as possible if you don't mind ( preferably in cm but any will help as I can convert them)

Widths of the deck at 10 cm intervals for example so I can get a reasonable deck shape....

The height from the bottom of the keel to the deck at 10 cm  intervals or less even.....

I don't expect anyone to do all this measuring but even if a couple of owners can give a couple of measurements each it would help no end....... Thanks in advance...... U2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version