Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things you do not want to hear  (Read 7334 times)

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
Re: Things you do not want to hear
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 03:55:03 pm »

I bought my wife a white dress once, about 30yr ago, she only ever wore it the once, I refused to buy her another.

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 12:20:25 am »

I bought my wife a white dress once, about 30yr ago, she only ever wore it the once, I refused to buy her another.

Was that the wedding dress then ? {-)

Regards,

Ray.

merseyferry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 08:50:07 am »

your on the sofa <*< , {-) {-)

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2015, 03:29:13 pm »

>>:-( I was reading these posts and having a little chuckle,then the wife tells me the washing machine is making a funny noise,called out Hotpoint man tells us the drum is gone,luckily I have a service plan so just got wait for him to come back on Monday with a new drum,at the lake on Sunday the Princess hit an underwater rock at full speed and the prop shaft has worked loose so had to stick that back in place,yesterday at the optician I was told I needed new driving and reading glasses £150 for the pleasure,yes all in all it has been a strange beginning to the week,I mean what else can go wrong..........Ray. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(     
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2015, 04:42:34 pm »

{-)   {-)   {-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2015, 04:59:43 pm »

>>:-( I was reading these posts and having a little chuckle,then the wife tells me the washing machine is making a funny noise,called out Hotpoint man tells us the drum is gone,luckily I have a service plan so just got wait for him to come back on Monday with a new drum,at the lake on Sunday the Princess hit an underwater rock at full speed and the prop shaft has worked loose so had to stick that back in place,yesterday at the optician I was told I needed new driving and reading glasses £150 for the pleasure,yes all in all it has been a strange beginning to the week,I mean what else can go wrong..........Ray. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(     

Good job it's not a Servis plan  :D :D

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2015, 05:03:17 pm »

{-) The funny thing is that 45years ago I did exactly the same thing,strange creatures women when you say lets have a nice day at the lake they want to go shopping which is worse than going to dentist and usually more expensive........Ray. {-) {-) {-) {-)   
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Mad Scientist

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2015, 08:51:07 pm »

Downstairs room-mate: 'Tom, I called the plumber...'

Turned out that the waste pipe from the toilet to the sewage line was collapsing from old age after 50+ years. Oh well, thanks to Doug, the pipe was replaced before it failed completely! - Tom

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 09:16:34 pm »

Believe it or not - this very morning, my wife called me into our kitchen saying 'Can you hear water dripping?'
Sad to say I could! I traced it to the wall behind the tower cabinet containing the oven etc! After removal of half the kitchen units I could just see a high pressure stream of water  (yikes!) issuing from the mains pipe  too far away to reach. 'Plumber' Nemo then called a proper plumber and after 2 hours he had it fixed. I now await the bill, although the insurance will/should cover it.  Is this thread spooky or what? O0

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:13 pm »

Update  ,still no tap so I bit the bullet took of the tap and stripped it down,and stuck it in the oven so it got hot and the small crack showed up then swabbed it with bakers and used the pencil blow torch and run some solder in the crack ,i hope, just have to clean up the threads. That's tomorrow's challenge .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.