Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Programming Robbe Roxxy 940-6  (Read 2428 times)

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
Programming Robbe Roxxy 940-6
« on: October 18, 2015, 02:20:03 pm »

More help needed please for a newcomer to the Brushless world!

After receiving (and following) a lot of very useful guidance and advice from this forum, I have now completed the twin brushless motor installation in my 1/24 scale MTB but the problem is that I have come to a grinding halt with attempting to programme the Robbe speed controller. I have carefully followed the instruction manual for the Roxxy 940-6 but seem unable to get anywhere beyond the initial start up sequence of beeps followed by a steady one beep per second. Moving the throttle stick from "forward" to "stop", pausing several seconds then "forward" and " back" rapidly as per the instructions has no effect whatsoever and nor has any of the many variations of this procedure which  I have tried. All I can get is a steady "one beep per second".

Please, please, please point me in the right direction.

Time Bandit

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Programming Robbe Roxxy 940-6
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 03:56:21 pm »

I bought the programming card once, since I always had problems with proper programming (but those problems were mainly caused by myself  :} )
But anyways it should work.

I believe that you set the ESC into Air mode, if you then try to set the "stop" position in the middle it won´t work, since the ESC assumes that "stop" must be at "stick full backwards".
That constant beeping is caused by the ESC being at "parameter 1" .

So probabaly you should try to program the stick positions first before trying to change other parameters.
Btw,  if I remember correctly you only need "forward" and "stop" position to programm it.
"back" is not necessary.

regards

Tobias

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 04:36:40 pm »

Thanks Tobias. You are correct in saying that I only need "forward" and "stop" positions for programming - sorry that I did not make this clear in my previous post. My problem is that I can't get beyond parameter 1. I would buy a programming card if one was available but since Robbe appear to have ceased trading this is proving to be difficult.

Regards, David.

shadysadie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 11:45:25 am »

I've just ordered a Robbe Roxxy V2 programmer from Germany so hopefully this will solve the problem!

Time Bandit

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 05:03:19 pm »

It definetly will  :-))
If you once used it, you will not believe how awful it was programming it with the Tx  {-)

Still believe that learning the correct stick positions again (and maybe stop position at full backwards), would have solved it anyways.
regards

Tobias
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.