Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just joined from Cyprus  (Read 1064 times)

StarOffshore

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Just joined from Cyprus
« on: October 19, 2015, 08:38:26 pm »

Hi - I am currently living in Cyprus where I have been living for 17 years but trying to sell the house and move back to the UK in the Suffolk area for the last 5 years.
I have been modelling for many years to date mainly RC aircraft but have a Billings "Cutty Sark" and an "armed cutter" finished ,boxed up waiting to move locations.

Apart from electric flying I have been using AutoCAD to copy a plan for a North Sea anchor handler "Granit" and produce a working plan to build a scale working model. The plan is about finished and have done some work on the superstructure (plasticard).

I have 3 TXs 2 2.4 and 1 35 MHz and have been wondering about a Tx with 2 independent motor controls with forward and reverse, a rudder channel and others for bow thrusters etc. I have been told that Robbe 14 would fit the bill but looking on the web it appears that unfortunately Robbe are no more and there obviously will be no more Txs. Will have to find an alternative method of control.

I visited  a boat club that operates out of Needham Market Suffolk on a lake there (Gipping Model Boat Club) hopefully which I will be able to visit more frequently than once or twice a year as spectator.

I look forward to joining the forum and will no doubt be looking for some assistance in the future.

Regards to all

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Just joined from Cyprus
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:55:58 pm »

Hello and welcome aboard.

Go to the home page - enter Granit in the search box (top right of the page). The second hit is the thread of another modeller who is going to be building the same boat - his Forum name is bfgstew.  :-))

Regards,

Ray.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.