Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is it ?  (Read 1902 times)

TheOldMan

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
What is it ?
« on: October 23, 2015, 05:31:47 pm »

I was given an old kid toy boat all broken up engines (2) OK prop shaft complete OK, But this? as the boat had no rudders I take it this turns the boat on the props.
The boat had a battery box which stated 9v like you put in smoke alarms. can this be run on a 7.2 v if i can work the wires out. Any info please.
Chris

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
Re: What is it ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:31:36 pm »

It probably works on 27mhz, but specific frequency could be difficult to determine. similar to the seaport tugs and RNLI lifeboats available.
They usually work on full power to motors on forward and reverse, and stop or reverse one motor to turn.
Unless you have the matching transmitter....it is basically a piece of junk, and even if you have the tx...it's not worth playing about with.
Just my own humble opinion....mind you.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:20:40 am »

Looking at the component count, and the type of components, it is a combined radio receiver and pair of switched outputs.  Its a fairly nasty type of receiver, tuned to somewhere around the 27MHz band (but not being at all selective, will pick up any signal) and will probably use a signalling protocol that nobody else uses, so would only be usable with its own matching transmitter.  The transmitters, to keep costs down, are usually tuned to somewhere near the 27MHz band and make up for their lack of power by transmitting on a very wide band.
Its probably best regarded as a paperweight or landfill item unless you have the transmitter and like solving puzzles.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

TheOldMan

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 07:40:24 am »

Thank you for your replies,  I have taken your advice and will bin it. As I am not any good with electronics I have not bothered about colecting any of the bits, but I will hang on to it for a few weeks just in case someone says I should have kept that part for so and so. I was thinking that the coil wire might be good for scale aerial wires or something. Any idears welcome .
 Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.