Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved from the skip  (Read 1140 times)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
Saved from the skip
« on: October 24, 2015, 11:31:18 am »

A couple of months ago one of my old workmates contacted me and asked if I would be interested in a large hull that was going in the skip at work, of course I said yes, the lads had been tasked with clearing out a store where I used to work until retirement, the usual thing with a large company every thing had to be binned, the hull was dumped in the skip when one of the lads remembered me and knowing my hobby, took it out and tucked it away awaiting the opportunity to get it "out" %)
I thought no more about it until this week when my old mate was at my door almost hidden by the hull he was standing behind, I was not expecting it to be that big,, IE. 61" with a 19.5" beam,  having done some research and the name Murray Cormack on the hull it would seem to be a data test hull from the marine designers, it's of timber ring construction in about 40mm layers and milled to shape, and has various data parameters fixed to it, it has some damage to the transom that I think could be fairly easy to repair, my gut feeling is it is the Talisman 49 pilot launch hull, of course I could be wrong, that would make the scale about 1:10
This is far too large for me to do any thing with I just don't have the storage space, it could be made into a very robust model or be used as a plug mould, so if any one is into large models and would like this hull they only have to come and pick it up, I'll keep it a few weeks in case, it would be a shame to dump it {:-{

Starspider

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Saved from the skip
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »

Very nice underwater lines  :-))

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Saved from the skip
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 01:26:11 pm »

Would make a good plug as you say. Be a shame to bin it
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.