Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's what happened!  (Read 7051 times)

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
Here's what happened!
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:17:44 am »

i bought a £13 ESC from a seller called bgood2010 on eBay. The ESC initially worked but soon broke. Not being sure which part had broken I plugged and unplugged everything until I was sure. (That's the short version by the way) the ESC was causing erratic behaviour before it stopped working altogether except for the cooling fan and so I removed it. I replaced it with a more expensive version of the same thing. I have had no problem since.

I put it down to bad experience and thought nothing more of it until I was contacted by the seller about feedback. I explained what had happened and he offered me a refund on the condition I re fit and film it not working {-) .

I'm not going to risk damaging other more expensive components just to receive a £13 refund especially as refitting would only show a cooling fan turning. To actually prove everything was connected and not working I would have to de install everything. I then told him that we both know that is not going to happen.

I asked him whatever happened to the customer is always right?

This has been going back and forth for a couple of months now, me knowing he's never going to refund and him politely offering a refund but only with a proof video that he knows I am not willing to make.

Imagine if it shorted and caught fire burning everything to a crisp......... OK that's proof enough here's your £13......... I think not. It's a joke. He may be very polite but he also knows how to offer a refund you will not want to collect! BE WARNED.     U2

It'll look better when it's finished!

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Re: Here's what happened!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 09:23:11 am »

More a case of buyer beware, you buy on ebay and you are taking that chance. But why pay 13 quid for one that could be of dubious quality when for £7-£8 more you could by MTroniks and know its decent enough?

inertia

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:49:16 am »

I suspect that the ESC was a brushless type, having a cooling fan fitted, in which case the MTroniks alternative is quite a lot more than 7 or 8 quid more expensive

The point to make to the guy would be to ask him why he thinks you went to the trouble and expense of buying and fitting a new speed controller if the one he'd sold you worked properly? I certainly don't think it's part of E-Bay's generally buyer-biased rules that you have to demonstrate that an item does not work. I've had two or three refunds for faulty goods where no such question was asked.

(WARNING!! Don't buy one of those expanding hose-pipes with a free sprayer; they are all useless!)
 If I were you I'd start a formal dispute on E-Bay - if for no other reason than to inconvenience the b*gger. Negative feedback is another option - "they don't like it up 'em, you know!"  ok2
DM

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 02:52:58 pm »

BGood2010 is one of the accounts Banggood.com use on e-bay
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 04:34:26 pm »

Maybe you can start a return via Ebay, and see if the seller follows through.
I think the step after you start the return is that the seller issues a return postage.
Maybe not, but it avoids the video, and signifies your intent to send it back and
probably alerts Ebay that there is an issue.

%)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 05:40:12 pm »

On Ebay after the supplier failed to offer a refund you should have started an Item not as described , you may be outside of Ebays time limit, however you can try to get a refund Via Paypal ( assuming that is how you paid) as the time limit there is much longer .

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 07:06:50 pm »

I suspect that the ESC was a brushless type, having a cooling fan fitted, in which case the MTroniks alternative is quite a lot more than 7 or 8 quid more expensive

The point to make to the guy would be to ask him why he thinks you went to the trouble and expense of buying and fitting a new speed controller if the one he'd sold you worked properly? I certainly don't think it's part of E-Bay's generally buyer-biased rules that you have to demonstrate that an item does not work. I've had two or three refunds for faulty goods where no such question was asked.

(WARNING!! Don't buy one of those expanding hose-pipes with a free sprayer; they are all useless!)
If I were you I'd start a formal dispute on E-Bay - if for no other reason than to inconvenience the b*gger. Negative feedback is another option - "they don't like it up 'em, you know!"  ok2
DM

To be fair DM - Maybe you should consider re-phrasing that comment to the effect that all those you bought were useless!  I bought one 3 years ago and it is one of the best garden items I have. It was purchased in my local Factory Shop (discount store) so was not a pricey one, but nevertheless has performed 100 per cent perfectly.
Bob.

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 11:23:59 am »

well well well, i have just been offered a refund by bgood2010 in exchange for a feedback correction to positive. I explained I would be only too happy to do so once I check my refund is in my account.

I have been polite with him throughout the exchanges but did mention yesterday that I would be telling my story on 'model forums' not badmouthing him just telling it as it was. Mmm the power of the forum....

Once I receive my refund I shall complete this thread...... More if and when it happens...... U2

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »

My feed back on something like that was,
"Positively did not work, second one capacitors exploded, but seller provided full refund"
 ok2

inertia

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 06:33:05 pm »

To be fair DM - Maybe you should consider re-phrasing that comment to the effect that all those you bought were useless!  I bought one 3 years ago and it is one of the best garden items I have. It was purchased in my local Factory Shop (discount store) so was not a pricey one, but nevertheless has performed 100 per cent perfectly.
Bob.

Not really necessary, Bob. Not having tried every single one ever manufactured I can obviously speak only of those which I did buy myself - all three of them - and they were all useless. They were all of the same length, had identical connectors and sprayers and were in identical packaging, although I bought them from three different sources at three widely-differing prices. The sprayers all leaked badly and none of the connectors would properly fit either Hoselock or Gardena push-on tap fittings. I think it's unlikely that I purchased the only three faulty ones ever to have come out of the factory. You might consider my statement an exaggeration but in my own experience it is 100% true. How many lemons do you need to suck before you decide that finding a sweet one might just not be worth the effort? Incidentally I received unconditional refunds for all of them and none of the suppliers wanted them to be returned.

I once met a man who owned a 1300 Austin Allegro and had nothing but praise for it - but you wouldn't buy one on the strength of one recommendation, especially in the face of such harsh and widespread criticism of it from others, would you? Would you???

Like a b****y fool I did.

It was the worst car I've ever had - by a wide margin.

These days I'm more cautious about buying stuff which has been recommended only by one person, and even more cautious if it's been trashed by others.

U2
I'm glad bgood2010 finally saw sense but I wouldn't give the creep any feedback at all.
DM

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 07:20:38 pm »

If it was one of the alleged 320A ESCs, it wouldn't be brushless.  They come in a "standard" package and a high voltage type, which appears to be the same thing with an added fan.  I did, and still do, want to see a video of whoever said it could handle 320 amps holding one while it does.  In his hand.  No oven gloves or pliers allowed.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Danny

• Gorleston Model Boat Club
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 07:58:58 pm »

They were all of the same length, had identical connectors and sprayers and were in identical packaging, although I bought them from three different sources at three widely-differing prices.

Glad to note that you are of the cautious type Dave ...  "Once bitten, twice shy - err - thrice bitten"   {-)

inertia

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 11:21:21 pm »

Danny
They were a present chosen by Someone Who Must Not Be Disobeyed On Pain Of Death. All personal choice was therefore suspended for the duration. I'm sure you know what I mean............ ;)

She now also appreciates that sweet lemons are incredibly rare.

Malc

If you find the video please send me the link. I'm presently 'looking forward' to another three days of bringing electronics to the masses (Warwick show). Fortunately this will be my very last show behind the counter - anywhere.  :-))

DM

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 06:59:42 am »

Can you please explain how to 'quote' with the quote button please.... I can't seem to get it to quote a phrase just a full post :embarrassed: .... U2

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 07:18:45 am »

Can you please explain how to 'quote' with the quote button please.... I can't seem to get it to quote a phrase just a full post :embarrassed: .... U2

Delete what you don't want...  :-))

I can't seem to get it to quote a phrase just a full post :embarrassed: .... U2

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 09:00:15 am »

As Umi says, hit the quote button and then delete the parts within the quote marks you don't want.

If you want to multiple quote. Once you have done the first one, just scroll down the page and hit insert quote on the other post/s you want to multiple quote.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 10:45:52 am »

ALSO .................. type your letter after the   [/QUOTE]  sign or else it will be included in the quote.

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 11:20:35 am »

[quote
As Umi says, hit the quote button and then delete the parts within the quote marks you don't want.

If you want to multiple quote. Once you have done the first one, just scroll down the page and hit insert quote on the other post/s you want to multiple quote.

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 11:22:06 am »

Got it at last....... I was deleting right back to the word quote instead of the last bracket which contains the number  :-))

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 02:00:17 pm »

Dave - actually I did! I bought a 1750 Allaggro back in the 70's , despite its reputation. It was very quick and that was about all. Like you, I considered it my worst car ever and I loathed it. Maybe I was just lucky with my hose!  :-)) Bob.

inertia

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 03:27:18 pm »

Bob
VAL 253L
That string of characters will remain in my memory long after I've forgotten all of the reg numbers of the other 15+ cars I've had since. I had it for three months and I spent at least two of those driving a loan car - a Chrysler 180. It looked like a big Hillman Avenger; it drank petrol like a battle-tank and it handled like a canal barge, but with none of the charm. It was still better than the Allegro.
That hose? It won't last, you know............... ;D
DM

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 04:25:21 pm »

>>:-( I never ever go on what other people say about a car,I was in the market to buy a new car so being careful I read all the reports and asked a lot of people what 4 door family car they would recommend,so the result was a VW golf so off I trot to the VW dealer and buy myself a golf 2.0 TDI,this car had so many electrical faults it spent most of life in the dealers workshop and they must have change every little piece of electrical kit in that car,at last it seemed be sorted out as nothing happened for 3 months and I was beginning to believe in the car,well I was living in a fools paradise as it caught alight in the services on the M4 and that was the end of it,it was 9 months old and done 4,200 miles,it took 2 years and a lot of legal hot air to get my money back,that was 20 years ago and it has taken 4 good cars and a long time to get my faith back in motor cars,as a result of this I can only say when you walk into the dealers it is in the luck of the gods as to whether you get a good one or the one in a thousand which is a turkey,every maker has them so it is harder to chose just look at the amount of recalls a maker has no one is perfect...Ray   >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(         
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

alan cantwell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 06:26:44 pm »

I had an allegro, terrible thing, for some reason, the engines just wore out,  i put so many engines and boxes in the thing,      My instructors fault, he loved them,  nit!

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 08:58:09 pm »

If we though the numbers of VW vehicles to recall @ 11 million was high.......how about the poor little Japanese Company called Takata ...[the worlds leading R&D company in this field?] ......read the detail in the attached link

They have acknowledged 30 million vehicles with potentially faulty airbag inflators [spread across 10 brands] which are to be recalled under warranty O0

The following recall notice was sent to me to cover my 9 year old Mitsubishi Lancer wagon.......... Derek

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD4QFjAFahUKEwjvvPvRiObIAhUGq6YKHYREDxw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.takata.com%2Fen%2Fproducts%2Fairbag.html&usg=AFQjCNFZRfuCx9nyH8rvnSVexOLXlBQPBw
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 05:55:46 am »

Blimey, a nine year old car being recalled after zero failures throughout Australia, I don't know if that's a good thing or if we have gone too far.

Getting back to 'here's what happened'...... I got a refund :-)) . So thank you bgood2010. Much appreciated and faith restored.   U2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.