Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible lathe sale  (Read 2578 times)

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
Possible lathe sale
« on: October 29, 2015, 02:03:15 pm »

I'm considering selling my faircut lathe. It has a chuck tools motor driving pulleys and a vertical mill attachment would anyone be interested in it before I make a proper sales pitch for it?

Thanks Mike

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Possible lathe sale
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:24:07 pm »

Lathes are always in demand.

Go for the full works   'ad'  with plenty of pictures and details

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

alan cantwell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 10:36:57 pm »

A lathe just looks like--- a lathe, show pictures of all the accesories it has, laid out neatly, chucks, toolling, attachments, etc etc,     I had to list my ML super7 myford, for insurance, staggered when the accesories came to Near to a grand!

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 07:09:00 am »

A lathe just looks like--- a lathe, show pictures of all the accesories it has, laid out neatly, chucks, toolling, attachments, etc etc,     I had to list my ML super7 myford, for insurance, staggered when the accesories came to Near to a grand!

and there lies the rub Alan. For insurance purposes you have a grands worth of accessories, to a potential buyer they expect to get them thrown into the sale for free.

For instance, the advert could say lathe and accessories £500. the buyer turns around and says I don't want the accessories, how much for the lathe? This leaves the seller with two options, come up with a lower price for the lathe and hope to sell the accessories seperately, or accept defeat and throw in the extras for free.

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 08:29:33 am »

After building my 1/3 scale traction, ill health forced the sale of both the engine and the machinery for example a fully equipped Colchester square head lathe with DRO and phase converter, the price at the time was around £ £2000 all in. The advert stated the price was for the complete set up and I would not split, if you don't want the tooling then the price is still £2000 take it or leave it!

The difference in selling anything and your attitude to what you will accept is really down to two things, are you selling because you have to ( need the money, do a deal)  or are you selling because you want too (then take it or leave it).

if your buying or selling the secret is to be in control of the deal and stick to your guns.

Paul.

The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the length of your reach.

alan cantwell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 08:29:04 pm »

Advertise the lathe at a price you want finish with, throw the accesories in with it to sweeten the deal, set the price higher, come down to near what you want, never fails, they think they have chipped you,you got what you want,     
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.