Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you lose the plot with eBay/  (Read 2208 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Do you lose the plot with eBay/
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:20:05 pm »

Earlier this week I was trying to order my xmas pressie from a dealer on ebay (UK) they would only deliver to my paypal address, hmm. As I use my wifes paypal, simple change the UK address to our Spanish address. No, can't do that, UK only addresses allowed!

OK set up my own paypal account with our Spanish address. OK so far except the free delivery from the UK company now had £75 courier charge for Europe, reading the ebay advert further it also outlines that europe deliveries would be sent from a depot in Germany!

So leaving that avenue alone, I go to ebay (Spain) type in my search and lo and behold there is exactly the same item but coming from Germany with free delivery! Job's a gud un! Well no it wasn't, because hit the pay button and Paypal pops up and wants to confirm my visa card details. They initiated this by charging my card £1. This would carry a 4 digit number which I then had to complete on the paypal page. Of course this number would only appear on my next statement or if I was lucky via online banking %% So fortunately I rang Saga this morning and the transaction was there, they gave me the 4 digit number over the phone. Then it was back to paypal to input that number on my account. Then they would pay the £1 back to me and allow me to make purchases.

So finally after 5 days of hassle my pressie is on its way, the merchant in Germany gave me a delivery date of 12th-19th November. Fingers crossed it is not delivered by DHL, they do not look after goods in Spain. Karen had a package from them last week from Amazon it was crushed and torn, fortunately  it contained earbuds for her ipad so no damage. But a neighbour  had a microwave delivered that was so battered it looked as though an elephant had stood on the box, seriously! He got a full refund once he sent photos of the damage to it. Mine contains a rather fragile and expensive glass tube so lets hope.

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
Re: Do you lose the plot with eBay/
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 06:23:32 pm »

Wait,...

You ordered a Laser Cutter for Karen for Christmas?  %%

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 06:42:55 pm »

:-)) :-)) :-))

Final selling point was showing her youtube videos on how she can use it for cutting shapes out for arts and crafts %) {-)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 07:24:06 pm »

Earlier this week I was trying to order my xmas pressie from a dealer on ebay (UK) they would only deliver to my paypal address, hmm. As I use my wifes paypal, simple change the UK address to our Spanish address. No, can't do that, UK only addresses allowed!

OK set up my own paypal account with our Spanish address. OK so far except the free delivery from the UK company now had £75 courier charge for Europe, reading the ebay advert further it also outlines that europe deliveries would be sent from a depot in Germany!

So leaving that avenue alone, I go to ebay (Spain) type in my search and lo and behold there is exactly the same item but coming from Germany with free delivery! Job's a gud un! Well no it wasn't, because hit the pay button and Paypal pops up and wants to confirm my visa card details. They initiated this by charging my card £1. This would carry a 4 digit number which I then had to complete on the paypal page. Of course this number would only appear on my next statement or if I was lucky via online banking %% So fortunately I rang Saga this morning and the transaction was there, they gave me the 4 digit number over the phone. Then it was back to paypal to input that number on my account. Then they would pay the £1 back to me and allow me to make purchases.

So finally after 5 days of hassle my pressie is on its way, the merchant in Germany gave me a delivery date of 12th-19th November. Fingers crossed it is not delivered by DHL, they do not look after goods in Spain. Karen had a package from them last week from Amazon it was crushed and torn, fortunately  it contained earbuds for her ipad so no damage. But a neighbour  had a microwave delivered that was so battered it looked as though an elephant had stood on the box, seriously! He got a full refund once he sent photos of the damage to it. Mine contains a rather fragile and expensive glass tube so lets hope.

Hi
No I get annoyed with Ebay and lose the plot with Buyers.
Sellers are only protected if they ship to the confirmed Paypal address.
card charge is a standard test although when I did it, it was only 1p.

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 07:35:18 pm »

Mm. Ebay.

A year or so ago I put up for sale a copy of Kraftwerk's Collection. Eight CDs, booklets, packaging, used once (I have all the discs already). The buyer bought them, declared them not sold as described (which was 'used but otherwise faultless') and demanded I pay for the posting to return them. I refused, requesting photographs of any faults. I didn't get any.

Throughout several weeks of discussions with Ebay - which were, basically, 'sort this out yourselves and the buyer's always right anyway' I got nowhere.

Today? I have no doubt that the buyer ripped the CDs within fifteen minutes of getting them and decided to then return the product. The moment i got them back, I closed my account and he got lumbered with the postal charge.

Seller beware seems to be their motto.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 09:08:31 pm »

Mm. Ebay.

A year or so ago I put up for sale a copy of Kraftwerk's Collection. Eight CDs, booklets, packaging, used once (I have all the discs already). The buyer bought them, declared them not sold as described (which was 'used but otherwise faultless') and demanded I pay for the posting to return them. I refused, requesting photographs of any faults. I didn't get any.

Throughout several weeks of discussions with Ebay - which were, basically, 'sort this out yourselves and the buyer's always right anyway' I got nowhere.

Today? I have no doubt that the buyer ripped the CDs within fifteen minutes of getting them and decided to then return the product. The moment i got them back, I closed my account and he got lumbered with the postal charge.

Seller beware seems to be their motto.

Andy

I stopped selling on ebay a while ago... this was the final straw:-

In the description I clearly stated "new and unused, but has been opened in order to take photos".

Buyer then opened a dispute with e-bay saying it was not new as the seals on the packaging had been broken.

I kid you not
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.