Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: spraying booth fans  (Read 1675 times)

spike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
spraying booth fans
« on: November 11, 2015, 06:12:48 pm »

hi is it safe to use brushless fan in a homemade spraying booth with the wires outside the box and do any of you know which and where from please

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
Re: spraying booth fans
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 08:42:02 pm »

All I know is I built a spray booth from 2 long moving boxes.  I cut a square hole near one end to fit a standard air conditioning filter, which I tape onto the outside of the box.  I squeeze a standard 30" box fan against the filter with an bungee cord, so it sucks air through from the inside of the box. 

Don't know if it's a brushless motor, it's just a standard 110 VAC (US) fan.  I get so little paint coming through the filter that none, not even red, can be seen on the fan blades.  And none on the wall right where the fan blows.  So I figure any paint fumes are below any explosive limit, and go about my painting.  Of course I open the shop to the outdoors when painting.

I would have attached pictures but the file sizes are 640K, WAY too big for MBM.

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
Re: spraying booth fans
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 03:18:23 am »

Be sure to direct the exhaust from your spray booth outside. No point in going to the effort and still getting the piant fumes in the workshop. An induction motor fan will work fine.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.