Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lesro javelin spray rails  (Read 4786 times)

spark30y

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Lesro javelin spray rails
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:34:26 pm »

hello, does anyone know the dimensions used for the spray rails on a Lesro javelin?

Thanks
Mark

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
Re: Lesro javelin spray rails
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 01:22:36 pm »

Hi Mark,

No spray rails (strakes?) are mentioned in the building instructions for the LesRo Javelin or the LesRo Rapier (that shares the same hull), and they were not shown on the plans of either.

When the Javelin was re-released again at a later date as the Streaker - it still never had any strakes added to the instructions or plans  - but I think the boat looks much better with them, so I have added them to my Javelin and Rapier.

I liked the triangular shaped strakes the best, but it would appear that the hardwood strip manufacturers no longer make any, so I made my own by cutting some 5mm square obechie strip down its diagonal position.

This gave me some strakes that had 5mm sides with an 8mm wide base.

The deck edging strips and the chine stringers were made from 1/8" x 1/4" obechie strip that I have had laying around for years, and is the size that I have always used on my boats of this sort of size (such as the Swordsman).

I hope this belated reply helps, but may also be of some use to other Rapier/Streaker/Rapier builders/restorers.

The link below is for the Javelin build thread on here that may also be of some interest:-

https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,65422.0.html

Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.