Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Council Inspector  (Read 3068 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Council Inspector
« on: November 25, 2015, 10:08:37 pm »

Hullo....where do I start?.........yesterday we experienced a local Council Inspector attend our Club Rooms for the annual H&S check

The gentleman [an assumption] ..well Chap was pleasant however his personality personified his employer

Neither friend nor foe
Expressionless, mindless scripted questions
Non committal, would not enter into discussion about the thermal display readout of his digital pyrometer when pointed at the Streets Cornetto Ice-Creams :P in the deep freeze
Non committal, would not enter into discussion about the thermal display readout of his digital pyrometer when pointed into the discharge valve of the boiling water  <*<ZIP heater

When asked if he would like to see our recently updated MSDS Register, the reply was that it didn't appear on his computer generated check sheet, accordingly such inspection would be totally unnecessary and a waste of his time  :o....[little did he know that I had a copy communication from Council stating it was required to be inspected]

His only departing comment was that the Account for the H&S inspection would be with the revalidated Certificate......[which must be displayed within 14 days of receipt...otherwise a Penalty Fine  <*< would apply]

So nice to know we are administered by such a warm and friendly guidance or Inspectorite of Council

Upon this I thought......just the sort of person that would eat a luncheon sandwich of brown multi grain bread, without butter, a light sprinkling of grated carrot over a dry lettuce leaf and without salt, pepper, mayonnaise or French salad dressing ..... {-)......Derek  [e,o & e]
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Council Inspector
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 02:13:30 am »

Nothing new. :o :o
The right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. O0 O0
Good to hear the bureaucracy is still functioning as I knew it years ago, namely you only look at what you are told and ignore everything else otherwise the "organisation" will have to take action, whereas they can say WoW we didn't know about that we will get onto it straight away.

Sound familiar yep our pollies of either persuasion do it constantly. {-) {-) {-)

Gunna build those other boats one day.

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 07:00:25 am »

You'll probably find the 'inspector' was a temp on his first day trying to look competent - he'll be following a script to the letter - if it's not on the script, it doesn't exist.

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 07:11:05 am »

Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the blind obedience of fools. Now which category did he come under I wonder? %)

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 08:57:16 am »

I got fed up with cutting the grass at the front of my house so decided to have it dug up and gravelled to save me the job.  Halfway through the Council turned up asking why I hadn't appled for permission to park my car on it.  Despite me telling him 3 or 4 times that i didn't want to park my car on it he went off on one telling me all about planning permission and the fitting of drains.  |In the end I had to tell him to p**s off as he wouldn't leave it alone.
I wish these people would take action against what is important and leave the unimportant stuff alone :((

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 09:25:47 am »

:o :o :o

Don't forget that a lot if not the majority of 'unimportant' stuff is acted on by complaint.
Usually a neighbour who asks to be anonymous. <*< <*<

In other words they are too busy to just swan around on the chance of catching anyone out.

inertia

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 10:13:04 am »

Give a man a uniform or a clipboard and you create another despot.

We live in what's laughingly known as a "conservation area". That means it's full of trees, any work to which - including light pruning - requires official permission. Usually this involves a visit from The Man from The Arboretum (aka Edmund). This loony cycles round in full camouflage gear, in case the local rogue tree-cutters are about their nefarious activities and might spot him, and has the most enormous clipboard I've ever seen. He has a special basket on the handlebars of his bike to keep it in.

We have a beech tree right at the corner of our property. His conditions for letting us have it thinned out were that 3/4 of it should remain untouched - that's the three "sides" which face outwards from the property, but he would grudgingly allow us to trim the fourth (inward-facing) quadrant - like a slice of a sponge-cake. Mad as a hatter. I've never seen Liz look so angry without actually losing it! I suggested that he put his proposal in writing and that I would then send a copy of it to the City Council Planning Committee for their comments...

He promptly agreed with everything we'd asked for and stamped off in a right old huff, presumably to impose his imbecilic judgements on some other poor soul. I have no idea what he might eat for lunch, except that it was probably in the greaseproof-paper package in his basket... and it was slowly unwrapping itself in the sunshine...  :o

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 02:34:55 pm »

Back in the Spring I decided to give my panelled fence a coat of 'Creocote' before erecting my Boatshed. The space was clear, access was easy and the weather was good so why not I thought. About half way through I was greeted by a shrill voice from the other side of the fence "I say, you do know that is my fence don't you. You are supposed to ask permission before you paint it" I was then promptly handed a print-off from a gardening Legal Website informing me of the rules and regulations regarding painting ones side of the fence.

When I had my Boatshed erected, which was quite within limits and did not need planning permission, I was told that she had been at the upstairs window taking photographs!

John

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 05:07:36 pm »

I'm guessing she not invited round for afternoon tea very often
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 05:08:44 pm »

Give a man a uniform or a clipboard and you create another despot.

We live in what's laughingly known as a "conservation area". That means it's full of trees, any work to which - including light pruning - requires official permission. Usually this involves a visit from The Man from The Arboretum (aka Edmund). This loony cycles round in full camouflage gear, in case the local rogue tree-cutters are about their nefarious activities and might spot him, and has the most enormous clipboard I've ever seen. He has a special basket on the handlebars of his bike to keep it in.

We have a beech tree right at the corner of our property. His conditions for letting us have it thinned out were that 3/4 of it should remain untouched - that's the three "sides" which face outwards from the property, but he would grudgingly allow us to trim the fourth (inward-facing) quadrant - like a slice of a sponge-cake. Mad as a hatter. I've never seen Liz look so angry without actually losing it! I suggested that he put his proposal in writing and that I would then send a copy of it to the City Council Planning Committee for their comments...

He promptly agreed with everything we'd asked for and stamped off in a right old huff, presumably to impose his imbecilic judgements on some other poor soul. I have no idea what he might eat for lunch, except that it was probably in the greaseproof-paper package in his basket... and it was slowly unwrapping itself in the sunshine...  :o
did you trim the tree ?

inertia

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 07:04:22 pm »

did you trim the tree ?
No. We left that to Nick, who did such a good job that we let him fell the other beech at the front of the property this year! Edmund must have missed this one...
DM

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 09:26:07 pm »

Quote from: Inertia link=topic=531 O056.msg547435#msg547435 date=1448651062
No. We left that to Nick, who did such a good job that we let him fell the other beech at the front of the property this year! Edmund must have missed this one...
DM

He was too busy elsewhere with more important matters O0 O0, lunch perhaps. {-) {-)

Give a man a uniform or a clipboard and you create another despot. :o :o :o
In another life I wore a uniform and carried a clipboard.
Was told it, the clipboard, was to fool the officers into thinking you were busy. O0 O0 {-) {-)

Guessing, there are quite a few others on here, who also wore a uniform %) %)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 23 queries.