Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: goolrc esc  (Read 3536 times)

TheOldMan

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
goolrc esc
« on: November 24, 2015, 03:22:11 pm »

Another problem >>:-( I have a Goolrc 320A ,6-12v brushed Esc,  every thing works OK but I can't get reverse,  and as there are no instructions on how to set it up I'm lost, tried so many ways but no  <*< . Please if you can help I would be great full  <:( .
Chris

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: goolrc esc
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 07:35:03 pm »

If these are the same as the lower voltage ESC's you need to double select astern.
From ahead go to neutral then astern, back to neutral then astern.
This is to select the brake before going astern.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 09:15:45 am »

If it this one, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoolRC-320A-6-12V-Brushed-ESC-Speed-Controller-W-2A-BEC-for-RC-Boat-UK-STOCK-/161769516147 one of the pictures shows a pair of jumper links, but no clues as to what they do.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

TheOldMan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 09:51:30 am »

Thanks shipmate 60, tried that still no reverse, just my luck to get a duff one.
Malcolmfrary, yes that is the one, one of the links you mentioned is so you can change between battery types. the other is reverse or not and according to the diagram its in the right place for reverse.  :((

inertia

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:23:48 am »

320A Continuous through 16AWG cable? Baloney! On 12v that's almost 4KW! Call the Fire Brigade.  :police:
So now we know the 'K' factor; Chinese amps are 15 times* smaller than the ones everybody else uses, although frankly I wouldn't trust one of these ESCs with much more than a 385 - forwards or backwards.
My advice would be to bin it put it to one side and buy a proper one (with proper instructions...).
DM

*The wiring table I have rates 16AWG silicon-covered multi-strand cable at 22A.

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 12:10:22 pm »

Oldman, I have one of these ESC's for some testing work and I couldn't get it to reverse either...........the I tried one of the self centring sticks....and it now does reverse.
You need to set up your esc onto channel 2 (elevator) and try it again....the only other thing is these esc's will not do forward and then reverse without a 1 second stay in neutral.
If you go forwards and then centre the  stick for at least a second...maybe two than try reverse........................................works for me.

nivapilot

• Full Mayhemer
  • re-invented rc boater
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 12:15:48 pm »

These cheap chinese esc's are pretty much GROSSLY overated on amperage, and yes the wires would not take the current draw before bursting into flames.........BUT they are great at setting up a boat system cheaply......I for one could not afford to get the esc wrong without first setting up and measuring the current draw on a cheap one..

Once the current draw has been established, then and only then could I buy a "decent" one to run the boat. :-))

klz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 01:19:45 pm »

You could try contacting them http://www.goolrc.com/base/support

TheOldMan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 04:11:40 pm »

Thank you all, I will give it another go tomorrow,  will try it in channel 2 and see what happens,  I have tried all the other options,  if all else fails, I can either just have forward,  or buy another esc. >>:-(

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 06:09:16 pm »

If it claims to be a plug and pray device it could be that the program just assumes that if it doesn't wake up receiving an acceptable neutral, it must be forward only.  It could have been designed by a Futaba freak.  Futaba like to be a bit different while nominally staying withing the accepted limits.  The ones that I have used like to have the "center" pulse length shorter than normal, and the pulse length-direction logic is reversed.  If using a non-Futaba transmitter with another oriental ESC, I have found that a combination of reversing that channel AND moving the trim slider nearly full forward gives a reasonable imitation of a Futaba set, and the ESC becomes a happy bunny and performs.  That was with the "10A" type.  The same front end program could well be in the 320A(!) version.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

TheOldMan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 03:51:09 pm »

A big thank you all who have helped with this, goolrc are trying to help me,  but I have bitten the bullet and brought a Mtonics viper marine15amp.
The only reason not buying one of these is the rip off postage to Cyprus , this one I got is the right price and £3.50 postage, every one else want about £25 postage, good old rip off England. >>:-(  once again thank you :-)) :-)) .
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 23 queries.