Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For those who use Facebook  (Read 2587 times)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
For those who use Facebook
« on: November 29, 2015, 08:44:57 pm »

%) %) %) %) %) %)
Should I Really Join Facebook? (Priceless)

When I bought my Blackberry, I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter. I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my three kids, their spouses, and my 7 grand kids could communicate with me in the modern way. I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.

My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my tool box.

The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then, going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive. 

I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then if I made a right turn instead....  well, it was not a good relationship!

When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy (the GPS lady), at least she loves me.

To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I lose three phones all at once and have to run around digging under chair cushions, checking bathrooms, and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them with me.

Now I just toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at me with that blank look.

I was recently asked if I tweet. I answered, No, but I do fart a lot."

Gunna build those other boats one day.

Danny

• Gorleston Model Boat Club
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC
Re: For those who use Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 12:41:49 pm »

There are some things you can immediately relate to - this is one of them!!
Deserves a place of honour in the Humour section  {-)

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 02:34:00 pm »

RAAArtyGunner, I am on a par with you.   I do have a mobile, Pay as you go, 18 years old  and still going strong with the original batteries.  It stays in the car for emergencies, actually had to use it last year when the thermostat went Kaput.   Pete

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »

Priceless!  :}  Ditto............

newbe7

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 05:24:36 pm »

Well said it seem when I'm walking in the mall a young one with head down and looking at a phone walks into me looks at me as if it was me that caused them to look up and see where they are going and then a look out old man.
Rick

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 05:33:12 pm »

The best app is the virtual zebra crossing.
Walk into oncoming traffic holding your phone
in front of your face and you have right of way.
 <*< <*<

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 05:37:55 pm »

I named the GPS voice in my Toyota Tokyo Rose....

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 12:41:07 pm »

Calling Facebook aficionados!
Why are the majority of my posts not showing up?
- http://tinyurl.com/grpv47v
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

FsASTSyd1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 04:47:44 pm »

Martin, I hope you haven't been swearing at your phone or computer, they have feelings you know, and only send or receive half the messages because they are are upset. Meanwhile it has taken me a week and filling in three sets of on line forms to get my number moved to a new mobile which uses a smaller simcard than the previous mobile. Ah the joys of modern technology mixed with advancing years.
Syd J %% :} :police: [size=78%] [/size]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.