Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings Boats St.Canute tug  (Read 16647 times)

Captain Povey

Re: Billings Boats St.Canute tug
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 09:29:01 pm »

Hi Jan, Thanks for the info about the derrick I do not think I will add one now. O0.  I have looked at the last picture you posted several times and had not noticed the lifeboats had been removed. :embarrassed: Time for a new pair of glasses I think.Cheers Graham  :)

janjac

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 09:40:23 pm »

Hi Graham ;)
Thanks for the suggestion to get glasses, but are we talking about the same picture??you better take a second look, because I firmly believe the boats are missing ::)
Jan

Captain Povey

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 09:52:09 pm »

Hi Jan, Yes perhaps I did not express myself very well. It is me that needs the glasses not you as it was me that failed to see that the boats were missing.  O0 Cheers Graham

janjac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 09:59:49 pm »

Hi Graham ;D
Oh yes it it always difficult to know the precise meaning in a foreign language, but when I reread your letter I understood, the first time I just read the words :)
Have a nice evening
Jan

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 09:32:15 am »

Hello Archibald H, Captain Povey and janjac!

AH, your photos of "Vilcambamba" look very good indeed; you've painted the model superbly, demonstrating what an attractive little tug Sct.Knud/St.Canute/Stockvik really is. CP, I have been planning to put the front spar/jib on the mast (as seen in several of JJ's excellent black and white photos), even though it may not be prototypical for St.Canute during its China Clay days at Fowey; also, there is another feature that is not included in the Billings kit (as far as I'm aware) which I would like to put on my model, this being the small jib/stabiliser with rigging at the rear of the funnel. You can see it clearly in prototype photos; JJ, have you any idea what this feature is? I think you modelled it on your lovely Sct.Knud?

All the best Fellas and keep those photos coming!!!
Simon  :D :D :D

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 09:36:59 am »

I suddenly seem to be an "Able Seaman" again (I've just noticed it); I was a "Leading Seaman" before the Forum went down recently; any ideas why this is?

Simon  :(

Captain Povey

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 03:41:50 pm »

Yes after the shut down Martin realigned some of the catgories. Cheers Graham

janjac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 09:47:12 pm »

Hi Simon and all
Thanks for the nice words, I enclose a photo of what you referring to ( I hope) from the original Sct.Knud, and yes I have this feature on my model, the problem with having many photos of the real ship, is that you end up finding lots of details you need to put on your model :laugh:
Jan

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 11:38:52 pm »

Dear janjac,

Good to hear from you and many thanks for the photos; yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. Do you know what it is (excuse my ignorance!)?

With best wishes,
Simon  ::)

janjac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 09:45:28 pm »

Hi Simon
Nice you could use the pictures , I have many other pictures from the time in Denmark but none of them show any use of the "Flagpole" I think it was placed there to be used for signal flags, I will ask a member of the crew who sailed with Sct.Knud in the 50`s, the next time I talk to him.
Jan :)

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2007, 01:45:20 pm »

Many thanks for that jan!  ::)

Best wishes
Simon

RobinStobbs

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2007, 07:38:29 pm »

G'day to you all,  My model of the Sct Knud dates back some 37 years and shestill goes strong! She is not to exCT SCAle having been built fron scaled-up plans from a centrefold (!) in, I think, Ships Monthly.  However, I'n not about to fiddle with what I have.  I had the luck to see Knud and go aboard her when she was an exhibit of the sadly belated Exter Maritime Museum - at that time I examines Biiliings kit model and was dismayed to note that this had a circular funnel whereas the vessel has an oval (perhaps an ovoid) sectionn funnel..  I'll post a few pics of my model one of these days.  BTW, I also have a serious problem with models of working boats looking like daddys' plastic yacht and so I have deliberately added scuff marks and deck stains etc to my model.

At present I am about to reach the end of major work on a 1:32 scale model of CF Kayser, one of the twin screw steam tugs of the SAR&H based in Port Elizabeth during her working life.  My magnum opus - over six years and about 2500 hours in tha making she's almost 1450mm LOA and a displacement of 60+kg!!  I'll be posting a couple of pics later.  Should anyone want to make a model of this vessel (or her sister ship T. Eriksen) or the small tug 'William Weller' I have the builder;s drawings and would gladly pass them along.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.