Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scams etc!  (Read 14429 times)

boneash

• Full Mayhemer
  • In an actual war zone there are 2 types of ships,
Re: Scams etc!
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 05:39:38 pm »

I 've been ex directory and TPS registered for many years and have had no problems with false calls....so far.

I believe its more to do with who you give your number to, through web sites and social media. I don't give it out at all, well not the real one anyway...if really pressed,, 

Funny all my parcels get here without phone calls, and the number can't be sold along with the other personal information so many have agreed to give away.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 05:56:32 pm »

I've been getting 3 or 4 e-mails a week from what looks like Paypal, these look very convincing and official, saying things like your account has been limited due to unusual activity, please use the link to confirm your details, etc.  When you really read the text it is very bad grammar and to me sounds like a foreigner trying to sound English, also the e-mails are addressed Dear customer or using my e-mail address, Paypal always address you by your full name, I forward these to www.spoof@paypal.com who are investigating them. :police:

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 06:32:39 pm »

the last call I had telling me I had a problem, I asked which one - so he said how many have you got- I truthfully replied 10, but only 6 of them are on at the moment, then he \asked which operating system, so I said well we are running XP, vista, windows 7, 8 and 10, oh and one on linux, and a unix server, which operating system is running slow, he said XP, so that narrows it down to 2 machines says I, which of those is it?
erm - the slower one he says, so I say - oh yes, that one is slow, its got a slow processor and mimimum memory, and is just used as a print server - many thanks, but you have just spent 5 minutes telling me something I already knew, and was aware of, thank you and goodbye.
at which point I will say that my computers hide behind the firewall on my internet connection, so I have full control over what can get in and what out.
Grendel
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.