Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracking for the hard of thinking  (Read 2971 times)

inertia

Tracking for the hard of thinking
« on: December 02, 2015, 09:34:11 am »

I recently ordered some screwdriver bits from Amazon. They sent me an E-Mail to acknowledge the order, and later another to tell me that the goods had been despatched and to give an estimated delivery date. They have not yet been delivered. I clicked onto the "Track your goods" link and was given this...  Is it just me that thinks so, or this graphic utterly pointless?

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tracking for the hard of thinking
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 10:11:36 am »

It's metaphysical Dave. Your goods have literally been consigned to oblivion...  :o

Colin

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 10:12:34 am »

Looks as though it's coming from far flung Cathay via the trans Siberian or on a slow boat.

LB

Crossie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 11:24:56 am »

Par for the course I'm afraid from these sort of trans-global businesses, they're all working together for excellence and customer satisfaction and all the other biz speak gobbledygook, these notifications are automatically generated during the transaction and the poor souls who's only available jobs are in such companies don't have any time [ or even the inclination] to be concerned with anything to do with a transaction beyond their own specific actions. So nowt gets done till the customer starts a complaint  >>:-( [size=78%] .[/size]

Trevor.

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 11:42:37 am »

It is a computer generated version of saying "we have no idea on delivery"
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 12:04:58 pm »

Just had notice to say that a book I ordered on Sunday night post free, is now on the van and will be delivered to-day - though it still says it's due tomorrow.
so no real complaints.

LB

inertia

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 01:03:49 pm »

I was questioning the point of having a graphical representation of something which was blindingly obvious both from their E-Mails and the fact that the bits hadn't arrived.
The green caterpillar has since managed to crawl all the way to the right-hand side, as the bits (from Shenzen) dropped through the letterbox half an hour ago. For those who wonder why I would buy screwdriver bits from China they are to fit 3mm TA triangular slot security screws... I didn't think £1.54 was a bad price for a job that will probably only need doing once in a blue moon.
DM

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 01:16:58 pm »

Wow!  Arrived today, against projected arrival 22 December.  Heck I seem to have lost three weeks.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 01:23:59 pm »

In this area we now 'benefit' from having our Amazon deliveries done by Amazon Logistics, which means we get meaningless messages like Inertia's. Previously the majority of deliveries were made by DPD who gave you a one hour slot for the delivery. Progress??

Barrie

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 01:35:53 pm »

Who needs electronic status notification from CHINA Post :o...when an order for AUD$4.80 [freight free to an Australia address], was delivered 52 hours after order placement

The only crazy thing was the electronic status notification was on line here in Wollongong 30 minutes after I had collected the goods   {-) Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

inertia

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 01:36:24 pm »

DPD? Yes- a splendid carrier! Nice to know exactly when to expect this sort of thing... Even more annoyingly they'd snapped the strips precisely in half, whereas if they'd made it 1/3 and 2/3 I could probably have used them all!

boneash

• Full Mayhemer
  • In an actual war zone there are 2 types of ships,
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »

Well Derek,
I remember a recent Simon Reeve programme, Tropic of Capricorn, where he showed the U.S. tanks along your north coast to dissuade the large country further north from entering Australia too easily !!

but China Post does it easily!!

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 06:38:01 pm »

must be using microsoft minutes to display the time left.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.