Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumbest Injuries?  (Read 6405 times)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Dumbest Injuries?
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 09:45:28 pm »

How dumb can you get? He is not wearing safety goggles, gloves or hard hat!!!  %%

chas

• Full Mayhemer
  • now in los montesinos Spain.
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 10:25:58 am »

When working with a small screwdriver in your hand, remember to put it down before reaching for your specs and putting them on. I didn't.
 Luckily it missed my eye, but my wife made an 'orible noise when she saw me with a screwdriver hanging from my face.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 10:56:45 am »

Hi I used to have a work colleague who was a bit tempremental and impatient.  On one ocassion when we all had telescopic aerials on our cars he was trying to push it down and out of sight and got fed up with it and hit downwards with the palm of his hand.  The aerial went straight through and out of the top of his hand.  The protective tip had gone missing.
 He was so surprised he lifted his hand off quickly and as everything still worked he used some antiseptic on it and it got better on it's own.
regards Roy

PeachyPM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 03:21:43 pm »

Worse model boat accident I had was when a 20ft ladder I was using in my workshop slowly started slipping away from under me, I desperately tried to slow my descent but with no joy and finally came down hard and fast! I think my arms must have been out wide (possibly flapping) because my right arm came down amid ships on my Nichimo Yamato Battleship and completely smashed her in half!

I did re-build her after the wounds/bones/pride healed!
"Bismarck must be sunk at all costs ... even if it ... means towing King George V"

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 05:46:10 pm »

Had to get Xmas pressies out of modelling loft  today. Ended up tidying the whole loft! Found loads of stuff i forgot I had . Anyway, it's my works do tonight, so finished loft at 4.45. go  and collect daughter from work.  Turn bath on and have a shave. Get undressed and jump in bath. Wash feet and lower legs. Start upper left thigh,  ouch, something is sticking out of my leg round the back. Carefully peer round back of leg and there's a sodding great splinter  sticking out by about 6mm. Carefully pull it out and it's about 14mm long. God knows at what point during the day it went in but I didn't feel it. P's when I pulled it out it poured with blood!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 07:09:13 pm »

Yesterday, scoring a 2mil piece of ply, scalpel slipped over my straight-edge and ploughed into my left index finger. Still throbbing!  :(( ( Anti-co-agulants I am on don't help!)

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2015, 07:12:10 pm »

Yesterday, scoring a 2mil piece of ply, scalpel slipped over my straight-edge and ploughed into my left index finger. Still throbbing!  :((

I use 25mm Aluminium angle precisely to avoid that - too many sliced fingers.  {:-{

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 07:14:53 pm »

I use 25mm Aluminium angle precisely to avoid that - too many sliced fingers.  {:-{

Good idea!  :-))
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.