Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painting help needed  (Read 1104 times)

j.lambert

• Shipmate
Painting help needed
« on: December 06, 2015, 09:24:32 am »

hi all . Can sumone please advise me how to paint a crisp line between deck and  bullworks as I'm having trubel .
I am all so not shore the proses of painting decks and bullworks is it deck first mask and bullworks or vice verse
Regards John  >>:-( >>:-( {:-{

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
Re: Painting help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:47:42 am »

Depends on the  colour,always paint light colours first then mask up using a good masking tape ( there has been a lot of advice on masking tape on here,so look it up) followed by the darker colour,the more care you take on prepping surface and masking the better finish you will get so take your time,if you have anymore problems the guy's on here will be able to help you....Ray.
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

D108

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
    • My models
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 12:15:12 pm »

Hi,
Oddly enough I do the opposite, I spray the deck first then mask off using Tamiya masking tape and paper. Then do the superstructure. I find the deck easier to mark than the superstructure, I use an air brush so I don't get too much overspray. Also most of my models are warships so it's grey on grey . On my last model ,USS Columbus I spent three evenings masking the superstructure for an hours painting !!

Paul

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 01:28:33 pm »

I take a slightly different approach when I paint.  I always paint the hardest to get to places first and the easiest last.  I works for me  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.