Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autosketch  (Read 251 times)

Kevin.Hutch

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Autosketch
« on: July 06, 2021, 12:24:56 am »

Just joined the forum, just completed a drawing for a 1:35 then 1:20 model, anyone looking for Autosketch, although Autodesk dropped support in 2008 it is still alive and well and a few of us still actively use it under Windows 10 and it is still available for under $100. Outputs in DXF and DWG file formats and pdf/jpg for easy distribution.
Kevin Hutchison
Be part of the solution not part of the problem

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Autosketch
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 09:25:56 am »

Welcome to the forum
I managed to recover my copy of AutoCAD V14 on the old PC (win XP)  O0 , tried drawing up a new project but issues with whether I was still going to be in work put paid to that idea, so this will be the last month I get to relax at home before we start back at work.

You would think being furloughed would have allowed me the opportunity to build a few and repair a few of my models - but not so, the fear of redundancy put a great strain on me to conserve as much of my income 'just in case', when i a better place I will start again - need to clean the workshop first.

Sorry for hijacking this thread :((
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Autosketch
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 12:51:21 pm »

as a professional CAd draughtsperson, I have always found autosketch to be woefully inadequate for my needs, so have recently transitioned from full autocad to fusion 360, this does take some learning even for a CAD professional, but shares enough similarities with autocad to make that a good starting point, better still for the hobbyist fusion 360 is free for non commercial use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up