Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anybody identify this please?  (Read 2543 times)

bilgerat

• Shipmate
  • It wasnt me officer, some big boys broke it!!
Can anybody identify this please?
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:31:00 am »

Hello all,

recently bought this off a rather well known auction site, actually quite a nice model but needs a bit of a refit to provide bow thruster and kort nozzle with a larger diameter prop.

I have scoured t'internet looking for anything hat resembles it but to no avail. Am guessing prototype was 60/70's vintage and possibly european ( if indeed here was a prototype and it is not a freelance job.......)

Any pointers welcome

cheers

Trev. PS just seen pic and it is rubbish, will try get some better ones.....bt here is a link to the auction site
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231779528360?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Officer of the watch to helmsman - who is the idiot on the end of this voicepipe. Reply from helsman - "which end sir?"

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Can anybody identify this please?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:02 am »

Hi Trev,  what are the dimensions?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 12:23:36 pm »

Is the hull fibre glass or A B S, If it is ABS the shape looks like the Robbe Parat hull that has been fitted with a shaft and rudder.
As for the upper works that looks definitely home made to no definite design

bilgerat

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 08:02:40 pm »

Thanks for the replies. she is approx 32 x 10 inches.

Tug mad, by jove I think you re spot on sir, it certainly appears to be a parat hull, the basic shape is right and the freeing ports and fairleads are in the right place too - so thank for that. Looks also like the VSD system has been replaced with a trad set up hence the reason it just doesn't look right. Also agree about the freelance upperworks, had a suspicion that was the case.

thanks again
Trev.
Officer of the watch to helmsman - who is the idiot on the end of this voicepipe. Reply from helsman - "which end sir?"

bilgerat

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 12:21:36 am »

Hello all and a very merry xmas.

bit of an update, the hull is not a robbe / graupner one as it is fibreglass, also the dimensions do not stack up.

the hull is 34 ins long by 10 ins beam and working from the specs of the original I have figured it out to be around 1/30 th scale.

I am not aware of another manufacturer who does this hull, so I am a bit baffled here it came from.

will be getting a total refit, decks renewed, kort nozzle and new prop ( would love to put vsd drives in but just too expensive )
smoke unit, possibly some working fire monitors and a complete rebuild / redesign of the upperworks as they are not quite to scale.

have a good one y'all

cheers

trev.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 23 queries.